The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's prom night for me and my Elise - that is, her and I are heading to Cayuga (Toronto Motorsport Park) for a few hot laps on their Road Course.

I've done some trips down the drag strip in previous cars, but I'm really looking forward to trying my hand at picking apart corners and maximizing exit speed. Sure it's fun and the adrenaline runs quick on city streets, but there is always that thought of a "racing ticket" and my Prom Date gets a court date with a crusher = No Thanks.

I'll have the GoPro filming and get some pics as well, and hopefully Halle (the name of my prom date) and I will return home with nothing but PLEASANT memories and a few less gallons of gas. ;)

Just remember, Life Begins at 6,000 rpm :up:

·
Registered
389 Posts
If this is your first dance with the girl in the corners on a track.....Don't lift! And I'm not talking about her prom dress.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hey Ernest ... did your buddy get any video or photo's of us going around? He showed me a few photos ... would love to get a copy!

Cheers,
Zoomby_U

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't set any track records (see below), but I had a good time. I'll go back, not to race each time, but if you guys are going - hanging out, talking shop is as good a way to spend a night as any. Next time I'll consider bringing the wife and kid.

The Cdn Sport Compact Series website lists their track records.
After reading previous posts, you guys are right in the hunt, depending on what class they'd put you in.

Street RWD: 1:23.200 (Nissan) 06/03/2012
Super Street RWD: 1:20.953 (Chevrolet) 09/25/2011
Unlimited RWD: 1:13.941 (Nissan) 09/25/2011

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think I met one (or both) of you guys on Wednesday. I was in the white miata. Nice chatting with you for a bit, I'm glad you had fun!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts