The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Finally I am in the market to buy my affordable dream car, which obviously is without question a Lotus, looking at used possibly new, Exige or Elise.

I guess what I am asking is are there any tips you have for a new buyer going for his first Lotus, I don't know much about things such as, diffusers, suspension, exhaust etc... All I know is I like the aesthetics and the performance driving wise, so if there are any warnings as what to stay away from or avoid such as sketchy mods or what have you feel free to leave a comment and share your knowledge of purchasing in the Lotus market!

Thanks, Taylor

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Read the uberthread! Avoid an aftermarket turbo on these cars. Many problems with the. Go for a supercharger. It gives the car the performance it should have come from the factory with. Expand your search to a national level, not local. You will get the car with the color, features, upgrades, and the price you want for the exact car you desire. I found mine 3000 miles away. Have a dealer perform an inspection and ECU analysis. Best $300.00 you can spend.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts