The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Through out the years many of us have had to deal with rodents getting into our cars and causing havoc to the electrical system, although I have found a a personal solution using the Iheart electric fence generator, Honda just came out with a clever solution with this tape.

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/protect-car-rodents-150000981.html

·
Registered
685 Posts
So RENDERMAN how much you going to charge to come over and wrap all the electrical wires in this spicy tape? :)

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm allergic to spices :D i was wondering, if you touch your eyes after wrapping the wires will you have to be hospitalized? -eek-

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
the other method...

here mousey mousey....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That doesn't work!! I have a cat and 2 german German Shepherds and they still had orgies inside the front clam, I study them like Darwin, I knew their names, eating habits who they mated with, it was awful, matter of fact I almost shot my Dog once cause he kept me up all night on look out while he was sleeping, I'm traumatized by the experience -eek- check this out...

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/found-mouse-poo-cockpit-93700/#post1507382

·
Registered
551 Posts
I can find no information regarding an "Iheart electric fence generator" online. Renderman, please provide more information on this.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I haven't had a issue with them, knock on wood. I have 7 house cats, but they don't get in the garage much.

Maybe you could set these around you car RENDERMAN

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can find no information regarding an "Iheart electric fence generator" online. Renderman, please provide more information on this.
This is the only system that keeps all animals of any size including Grizzlies away from your car, guaranteed!! :D the great thing about the iheart is once an animal gets zapped once the same one will never come back!! it's beautiful. i actually learn about the Iheart through a College professor who happened to have Raccoon who he couldn't keep out his back yard. If you need to actually do it I'll walk you guys through it, it's not a big deal.

Disclaimer: I have no association with Iheart but it's worth every penny!!

Havahart® | Caring Control Solutions for Wildlife

·
Registered
551 Posts
I looked over the website you provided, but the only electronic device that zaps the unwanted rodent is a shocker on a tall stake, intended for deer, and I don't see a way that can be used on rats or mice.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Cotton balls soaked in peppermint oil will keep rodents away. That's what all of the RV and car storage guys use in northern Michigan where my car hibernates for winter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've just been hit for the third time with mice.

The first infestation the nest was in the vicinity of the coolant return pipe in the front clam. I suspect it was the mice urine that degraded the pipe that caused the leak (required un-gluing the frame to repair). I tried moth balls the following winter which only made my car smell like my grand-pappy. Thankfully I've never had damage to the wiring. The last couple of winters I've kept the varmints at bay with dryer sheets at key access points and vents, soap shavings in trays in the cockpit, and mouse poison in the garage.

This time cost me my soft top. They chewed the exterior portion of the soft top and stripped the headliner. The nest was made just aft of the battery. This occurred in just a matter of 4 days. I've never had a problem during the summer.

We have a cat but its so pampered it'd probably just watch the mice move in. As a kid in Maine, we used to have a ferret that would actually go into walls of the house using the same tunnels made by the mice and slaughter the nests. One hell of racket but got the job done. The Man Cave is about to get a new mascot!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I put poison in bait stations outside the garage. That way mice never make it inside and I am not enticing them inside with bait. I put a few strategic glue traps inside garage to catch any that do come in. So far strategy is very successful. One key point is to keep bait stations filled before cold snaps drive the rodents to look for warm places to winter.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
As a kid in Maine, we used to have a ferret that would actually go into walls of the house using the same tunnels made by the mice and slaughter the nests. One hell of racket but got the job done. The Man Cave is about to get a new mascot!!!
wow rotfl

·
Registered
2005 Elise #3935, Chrome Orange, BOE tune, Exige wheels, splitter
358 Posts
Camphor balls

Smells like your grandma's closet, but it keeps them critters away. It's my go to winter storage anti rodent tool.

Noel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts