Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weirdest thread ever.

Have a cat who's old and sleeps in Garage because he s$&ts himself if he's
Inside too long .

I have a thin cover for the car and I find him on it every morning

Are there some covers that might better protect
Worried about scratches from his nails etc.

Also leaves hair on the cover. I've even been stacking obstructive objects like cardboard box etc and he still finds a way.:facepalm
My kid loves him so there's no getting rid of him.

Wo. I can't believe I just posted this .

·
Premium Member
7,566 Posts
Electric fence??

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Sturgeon,
You make me feel like a inhumane man for coming up with such a sensible solution. I was thinking in terms of de-clawing the cat.

·
Premium Member
7,566 Posts
Very nice, a stoned cat. Wish I was a cat.......:p

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Throw an old blanket over the cover and let him sleep on that.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Throw an old blanket over the cover and let him sleep on that.
winner.
(I hope you guys are joking about declawing a cat. That's animal abuse, esp. for one that ever goes outside)

I have a similar issue. My damn cats (plural, :rolleyes:) love to sleep on the black soft top. But they don't sleep on it when I have the car cover on it.

If you had a good bit of spare time and some aptitude, there's always something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbkLjjlMV8

That's hilarious and totally worth the time to watch, btw. I imagine it would work just as well keeping a cat from sleeping on your car as it does them pissing on it. ;) rotfl

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Sturgeon,
You make me feel like a inhumane man for coming up with such a sensible solution. I was thinking in terms of de-clawing the cat.
You almost made me feel better about my thought, then I found out you were being humane.

I'm not the right person to ask because I despise cats. I'm not going to go any farther, because I have a feeling I'd get a major tongue lashing if I stated my true opinion...

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I understand Derrek. I have two families on the block who have "communities" of cats (the politically correct term for over 20 cats per family). The cats think the soft roof of my Elise makes the ideal hammock. The roof looks like a tan Mohair suit from the dust and matted hair until I clean it every two days. I cannot train 40 plus cats, or put down 40 sleeping mats. Due to the dust in the air, a car cover rubs the dusty grit into the paint and sands the finish when the wind causes the cover to shift. I hope their herds of cats bring them great joy, to offset the misery they cause me. My house has an "Arizona Garage" (open on one side), which makes it impossible to keep the cats out. Unlike the old wives tale, community cats are not clean.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I understand Derrek. I have two families on the block who have "communities" of cats (the politically correct term for over 20 cats per family). The cats think the soft roof of my Elise makes the ideal hammock. The roof looks like a tan Mohair suit from the dust and matted hair until I clean it every two days. I cannot train 40 plus cats, or put down 40 sleeping mats. Due to the dust in the air, a car cover rubs the dusty grit into the paint and sands the finish when the wind causes the cover to shift. I hope their herds of cats bring them great joy, to offset the misery they cause me. My house has an "Arizona Garage" (open on one side), which makes it impossible to keep the cats out. Unlike the old wives tale, community cats are not clean.
Here's an easy solution for you: buy a Dogo Argentino. I picked one up a while back... one of the most stunning dogs I have ever seen. I did end up having to adopt him out because he didn't get along with my male Rottweiler. The male Dogos are very actively dominant and will not get along with another dominant male dog. Anyway, they were bred to hunt down pumas and wild boar... I think they can handle house cats. As long as you have a fence to keep him in, you won't have to worry about the cats touching your baby :)

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
How about one of those spinning bird deterrent things that you see at boat docks?
That's a little more humane than the electric fence that was suggested above (which would be my choice).

·
Registered
287 Posts
I understand-we're animal people at my house(I like most cats better than most people). Try some inexpensive moving blankets. They're soft and thick. I use them on the car all the time.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
A blanket placed upon the roof of the car would not stay in place. Arizona gets something I call "rainless hurricanes", which include gusts of up to 70 MPH during the spring and early summer.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts