The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've only had the car 2 weeks, and already the black plastic sills are getting scratched. It's inevitable -- people climbing in and out of the thing are bound to scratch the heck out of the plastic. Suggestions on how to protect it? Would some of the 3M paint protection material work? (Where could I get some?) The plastic is grained, so I'm not sure how well that stuff would stick. Other suggestions?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Pin,
I don't have the website but do a search on x-pel they sell the film by square foot. I'm quite sure the film would hold up well.

It might be a bit slippery tho. I've found the texture on the sills is great at resisting scuffing, don't know how your passengers are getting in/out. I find people getting in the first time tend to drag the bottoms of the shoes against it, but guess I've been lucky.

Chris

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, Chris. Actually, I had just finished bookmarking the X-Pel site.

I guess your passengers a bit more graceful than mine! I try not to be anal and bark at them, so I find myself just cringing a lot as they get in and out. :(

When I went to show off the car to my family, I turned to see my 12-year-old nephew basically sitting up against the passenger door. I asked him not to lean against the car. 2 minutes later, I saw him leaning into the car, his waist pressed up against it. Keeping my cool, and not wanting to dampen his obvious enthusiasm, I calmly said, "I hope you don't have on a metal belt." He didnt (he was wearing gym shorts), but to prove he didn't, he leaned up against the car, and slid side to side a few times. I nearly died. But with the family watching, I kept my cool. Would not have looked good to explode on a 12-year-old.

Fortunately, a later check revealed no damage, so all is forgiven....but next time, "To the moon, Alice!" :D

·
Registered
389 Posts
pinmagic said:
but to prove he didn't, he leaned up against the car, and slide side to side a few times. I nearly died.
:eek:

But with the family watching, I kept my cool. Would not have looked good to explode on a 12-year-old.
...er, why not?! A 12 year old should know to respect other people's property. If that was my car, not only would I have nearly died, *he* would have nearly died too!! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts