The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Premier on 544 W. Katella Ave, #H, Orange, Ca. When they finished installing the film on my headlights and door edges, I couldn't even tell that the film was installed. The staff and owner were great and friendly and did a great job on it.

I knew the risk of installing protective film (clear bra) on my Evora's headlights because of the coatings but took the risk anyways.

I was also starting to have rock chips on one of my headlights so I decided to have the film installed. Here are a few pix with the protective film installed on my Evora.

DSCN0268.jpg

DSCN0262.jpg

DSCN0267.jpg

DSCN0266.jpg

DSCN0265.jpg

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Mine is getting done this week. $100 for the headlights and blinkers. Starshield is around $500, so gonna wait on that.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Really? I thought it was pretty expensive actually. No reason to do the door edges, never had a vehicle get paint chips there before.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really? I thought it was pretty expensive actually. No reason to do the door edges, never had a vehicle get paint chips there before.
I only did the door edges because of the walls/gates on my driveways...

That's a very good for the headlights. The Starshield is the avg. price of $500.00.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I did the headlights myself using proper 40 mil 3M scotchguard headlight protection film, from a $50 pre-cut pattern.

I think you can get the entire front bumper+side mirror 8 mil kit for less than $200.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did the headlights myself using proper 40 mil 3M scotchguard headlight protection film, from a $50 pre-cut pattern.

I think you can get the entire front bumper+side mirror 8 mil kit for less than $200.
That is great if you are good at it doing the installation yourself. That is alot of savings. I get bubbles installing the film on my cell and Ipad,so for me it was worth the money having the pro do it. Thanks for letting us know.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
That is great if you are good at it doing the installation yourself. That is alot of savings. I get bubbles installing the film on my cell and Ipad,so for me it was worth the money having the pro do it. Thanks for letting us know.
Heh I hear ya.

Sometimes it's best to leave things you can't do to the experts. Not everything in life is DIYable... My rule though is that if I think I can do it, I will at least try first. But I agree -- I have my limits on certain things as well.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

How long have you had your film on?

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
it's been about 2 years now. So far I've had no issues whatsoever with it.

I will probably redo it again by next February. 3 years is good enough although I read it's good for up to 5 years outdoors. Indoors, probably indefinitely.

Scott

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it's been about 2 years now. So far I've had no issues whatsoever with it.

I will probably redo it again by next February. 3 years is good enough although I read it's good for up to 5 years outdoors. Indoors, probably indefinitely.

Scott
Thanks for your reply.

2 years and no problems. That sounds good. Do you think when you try to take off the old film, it will damage or cause damages to the coating on the headlights?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
It should be just fine for many years.

I'm going to do in front of the back tires. I put tape this weekend and still hammered the snot out of it. Have a 1" round chip that's down to the white fiberglass now, plus a bunch of smaller chips.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It should be just fine for many years.

I'm going to do in front of the back tires. I put tape this weekend and still hammered the snot out of it. Have a 1" round chip that's down to the white fiberglass now, plus a bunch of smaller chips.
have your car ever had a new paint job or was that the original paint that was getting chip from the rocks and pebbles?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How much? I need to get my headlights done. I would try it myself if the lights were flat like the Evora but the Elise lights are just too complicated for me to do... not even worth the headaches and the inevitable cuss words which will follow.
I had the film installed On my 05 Elise a few years ago and it cost me around $150.00 to have it installed at the company called Premier. They did a great clean job. That is why I took my Evora back there.

Here is their info so you can also call them for the current price.

Premier
544 W. Katella Avenue, Unit H, Orange, CA 92867
714-628-0100

1 - 20 of 24 Posts