The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
I'm betting it is a low displacement 4cyl, which would explain the high rev limit. When you look at it that way, it's far from impressive.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I'm betting it is a low displacement 4cyl, which would explain the high rev limit. When you look at it that way, it's far from impressive.
...props for being the first manual-transmission minivan i've ever seen...

...well, i'm not sure if that's necessarily a good thing, but props nonetheless - i suppose it justifies the hands-free phone controls integrated into the steering wheel?..

·
Banned
1,012 Posts

...well, i'm not sure if that's necessarily a good thing, but props nonetheless - i suppose it justifies the hands-free phone controls integrated into the steering wheel?..
In Europe, you will struggle to find one that isn't, and judging by the license plate frame I would say that's exactly where it is.

I'm guessing they did that because manual transmission has far less drivetrain power loss than an automatic. Not to mention it's cheaper to manufacture, and it's lighter.

·
Registered
223 Posts
-sighs-

...never any love for minivans around these parts...
I love my mini van! It can carry 7 sailboards, 2 bikes, 7 masts, 5 booms, big bag of fins and many more sails then I will admit I own to my wife. Plus all the other beach stuff! Occasionally the kids get to ride in it too.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

You can get the Mazda5 here in the US with a manual transmission. It is a minivan (really more like a microvan) built on the Mazda3 platform (slightly lengthend chassis and same engine/drivetrain). Several Lotus owners on here have them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts