The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to just put this here to maybe save someone the headache. I recently bought a set of Enkei RPF1's to run on my Elise. 15x7 et35 F, and 16x8 et38 R. There are some threads here that say the 15" front will fit with spacers, so that's what I was planning. The barrel does not clear the caliper - it is a diametrical issue spacer's won't help.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ouch, thank you for sharing I love the enkei wheels am have thought about going that route at some point. Glad your experience has saved me from doing the same.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I was looking for some SCCA stock width legal 15" too. I ended up with the Konig "helium".. (@ 10.4 pounds IIRC) the 40 offset needed a spacer to be legal AND clear the calipers..

Extra bonus, I found mine new for @ $85 a wheel!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would a 17 and 16" Enkei RPF1 work? Does the 15" actually get better grip? I am looking for a new set of wheels and liked the RPF1s

·
Registered
279 Posts
Beautiful wheel!
Thanks! Funny thing is I am running 17x7.5" TR F1 wheel on the back..polished alum finish. I couldn't handle a mismatched wheel AND a different color... so bought alum/silver finish Heliums.. (not available at first)... so will eventually sell the black ones... with about 8-10 miles on them..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those Helium's look nice, hadn't heard of those before. The look like Volk CE28's.

@mrrrkva - unfortunately they don't make 17" RPF1's with a 4x100 bolt pattern. You can run 16" front and rear though, that seems to the the only option.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I will say when you factor what it costs to buy a very light wheel, those "Heliums" are INSANELY cheap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts