The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides my passion for tiny mid-engined sports cars, I love animals. My wife and I are involved with Orlando Pug Rescue. http://www.orlandopugrescue.net

This darling girl came to us recently... here is her story...

OPRA's newest rescue...

"Last week someone (or should we say some disgusting excuse of a human) threw Chloe, a sweet little 8 year old pug girl into a commercial dumpster. Luckily a nice lady heard Chloe barking and found her just two hours before the dumpster was scheduled to be emptied and the contents crushed. Because of her husband’s allergies, the woman couldn’t keep her and took her to the Animal Shelter. Once again luck intervened and it was a good shelter that works with animal rescues. They called Orlando Pug Rescue to come and help her and we happily did just that. This little 16 lb. bundle of joy follows her foster dad around just happy to be alive and looking for love. She passes out kisses 24/7, snuggles in bed and gets along with everyone and everything. Once again, I have to say, “What kind of monster throws a sweet little thing like this away?”

I know a lot of us here have dogs and cats. The next time you need to add a family member (of the four-legged kind), consider a rescued dog or cat. There are millions of abandoned and abused animals that need homes. We can all do our part by not supporting puppy mills, backyard breeders, and the stores and "boutiques" that sell them.

Support your local animal rescue groups, either through volunteering or financial help. There are many specialty-specific rescues in most areas.

Once you start getting involved in rescue, it's hard to stop.

Thanks for reading,

Qball

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Nice story Karl.....What a great thing that you do. My 2 cats were strays that we trapped. There were 4 , I took 2, my neighbor took one and another neighbor took the 4th. They were 10 weeks when we caught them and they've all become wonderful pets. In the process of trying to catch the kittens, we caught the mother. We took her to the vet, had her spayed and let her loose again. In the scope of life, it's a small thing....but it really makes us feel good having done this.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Chloe looks just like Oliver, my next door neighbor's pug. Except Ollie's tongue hangs out the other side! Oliver loves our dog, Matty. Matty is a rescue dog. My wife found her at the municipal animal shelter on a Sunday and dragged me down there to see "our new dog." As we walked in the back of the building where the dogs are kept in cement cubicles, I spotted a mangy, scrawny animal in the nearest cubicle. Joking (or at least attempting to make one), I said "Okay, any dog as long as it's not THAT one!" My wife started crying and I realized that was our new dog. Fast forward five years later. I'm lying on the kitchen floor, dying, and it was Matty who woke my wife up to find me and get me to the emergency room.

My wife wanted to take Matty home that Sunday but the guy behind the desk said they didn't process the dogs on Sundays. "Okay," she said, "I'll be back first thing tomorrow morning." Disinterested, flipping through his clipboard, he said, "You better. That one's getting gassed tomorrow at 10am."

There are no bad dogs (and it turns out Matty isn't even a dog-she's half-coyote). Give them love and little bit of your turkey sandwich once in awhile and they'll give you so much more.

Tom

·
Registered
933 Posts
Nice story - that's how I got my last two Scottish Terriers: Angus and Sebastian.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Thats a cute dog! We need to see a couple more pictures of that one.

My rent-a-family used to take dogs from Golden Retriever Rescue. Nothing wrong with a used dog I tell ya! Tom it's amazing how sensitive dogs can be. One of our dogs used to know when one of us was even mildly injured and act with very sympathetic dog behavior.

miss them... sniff!

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
what a nice smile! LOL

people never cease to amaze...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
My nanny had a pug when I was little and I loved that dog. If you were closer I'd take her in.

We adopted our first cat (who is laying on my knees right now) and I've taken in three strays. We have two of the strays and gave one to my wife's parents to take care of (At the time we lived in an apartment that only allowed two). We've been talking about a dog for a long time.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
That's very cool of you :up:. I love animals and I hate seeing defenseless creatures like this be treated badly. Sometime I wish I could put these cruel owners throught the same treatment and see how they feel :thwack:. Want an animal? go to rescue them, otherwise they'll be killed. Sad reality.:(

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Thank goodness for people like you who are committed to such causes. I can't even fathom the sociopath that would inhumanely attempt to kill an 8 year pet in such a fashion. It is sickening. People need to realize that when you take on adopting a dog or cat you are making a 20 year commitment (many small dogs and cats live that long). We adopted one of our dogs when she was 8 years old because the owners moved to a new house and no longer wanted her. :(

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Pugs are my favorite dogs. I wish I was home enough to have one. Persians are my favorite cats, I've had two. Had I found Cloe I would have had to keep her, she's so cute. WHat the heck is wrong with people. Take it to the pound, let it go, both of which I find despicable, but to throw it in a dumpster, that's evil plain and simple!!!!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts