The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
1995 Esprit S4S
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have any of you used any of the performance mods offered on the PUK Racing website? If so what kind and how did the product work for you?

I have been emailing Marcus back and fourth. I am leaning toward replacing my primary and secondary injectors with high flow, ECU Chip #7 and a high flow T3/T4 Turbo. My car is currently in the S4S configuration with a rebuilt engine that has 9K miles on it with no issues.

PUK Esprit Racing

Bill

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,098 Posts
Marcus has SEVEN ECU chips now? :eek:

I only remember 5... :cool:

What's the spec on #7...does it have the Valet mode? :D

·
Cal H
982 Posts
Marcus is alright and sells good product. He started out at about the same time as a lot of people in the late 90's to early 2000 era. I bought a BOV kit from him for cheap in the early years. Now with the exchange rate and all the items are sort of expensive from Germany but still not as bad as from the UK. Did you ever talk to John Welch. He is in the mid-west USA and he is one of us, an Esprit owner. He started in the same era too and I met him at LOG about 12 years ago. Shoot him an email have a chat with with him about what you want. WC Engineering : Lotus Esprit and Toyota MR2 Performance Parts You probably end up saving money

·
1995 Esprit S4S
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Marcus is alright and sells good product. He started out at about the same time as a lot of people in the late 90's to early 2000 era. I bought a BOV kit from him for cheap in the early years. Now with the exchange rate and all the items are sort of expensive from Germany but still not as bad as from the UK. Did you ever talk to John Welch. He is in the mid-west USA and he is one of us, an Esprit owner. He started in the same era too and I met him at LOG about 12 years ago. Shoot him an email have a chat with with him about what you want. WC Engineering : Lotus Esprit and Toyota MR2 Performance Parts You probably end up saving money
Yeah, I emailed John. He doesnt sell any of the performance products for the Esprit anymore. Said his site is out of date.

·
Cal H
982 Posts
I think a lot of people slowed down on Esprit mods after the height around mid 2000's I suppose it does not make a lot economic sense to stock products to sell once in while and have them sit on the shelf for a long time. I feel old as 1/2 of my parts contacts have retired or moved on. Now Jeff at JAE is retiring this month.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
I am running several of PUk products with no issues. #6 Red Race Code Chip, Stage 2 Turbo, BOV, SS High Flow Cat Pipe, Free Flow Exhaust and the High End Primary and Secondary injectors. Marcus is a nice guy and with great customer service.

·
Banned
938 Posts
How is the word Puk pronounced?

·
Banned
938 Posts
What do the individual letters stand for?
Curious.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Interest in mods and further development for the 4-cyl's peaked with the S4s. Once the V-8's came out it became a technological dead end. There was also the high cost and small market besides the fact that all of these mods reduced the part life of some very expensive parts while improving performance marginally. The factory knew what they were doing and did not leave much to improve.
David Teitelbaum

·
1995 Esprit S4S
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am running several of PUk products with no issues. #6 Red Race Code Chip, Stage 2 Turbo, BOV, SS High Flow Cat Pipe, Free Flow Exhaust and the High End Primary and Secondary injectors. Marcus is a nice guy and with great customer service.
I am leaning toward the #7 chip for my S4S. How much horsepower do you think your car makes with all those mods?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Have ordered from PUK several times. Generally good, a little slow.

I bought the multiple program "chip switch" AWESOME!!

Randy

A similar German site is R&B Tuning, also very good

·
Registered
153 Posts
With the #7 "blue race" chip, I think you can get ~335 at the wheels (dynojet#). The problem is that you are still limited by the 2bar MAP sensor in the Esprit.
It's that HP dyno number with a full stock (turbo, exhaust, etc) Esprit other than just the "#7 blue race" Chip swap?

JG

1 - 20 of 28 Posts