The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, After lurking in the forum for a while,I finally did it.
It is an Ebay purchase and i have a few days to close this transaction. so i am hoping for the wisdom and guidance of the group in this process..

Here is car:
2005 Lotus Elise Portland, Oregon | Speed Sports Inc

For starters i am debating if i should pick up or ship.

The carfax looks good two tiles issued only because of a divorce(as per dealer).

also, debating if its worth doing an inspection or an ECU dump.. I know, i know... But with the mileage on the clock, Im thinking how much driving was done.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, that is a really nice color and low mileage!

I highly recommend flying out there to drive it home. It is a much better experience than just waiting even longer for the car to show up

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
I don't know that an ecu dump is actually necessary now that you already bought it. It would be show you how the P/O drove it.

Nice pick up, I love the color and it has almost no miles.

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
If you really want it you should call the dealer and arrange a deal. I have seen cars sell out from under people who wait just a little too long to pull the trigger. The car looks nice and the price is fair, what are you waiting for?

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Wow. I can't believe that price for that car (low miles, with a supercharger and hard top)! Almost seems too good to be true... I hope you're just lucky!

Congratulations.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Congrats Ramon. Looks like a very nice car. It pays to be patient when looking for a great car. Good luck.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Maybe you shouldn't drive it home.....it's a long way to Argentina ..........Or are you somewhere else ?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
price seems to be fair and from research, they seem to be a reputable dealer.. we'll see, i hope it goes thru smoothy

really excited.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
planning to drive it to San Diego with a broken left arm.. The wife might have to drive

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just Sent my paper work to speed sports.. this waiting is killing me, cant wait till its delivered

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
That's a great price.

An '05 with a Katana and only 9,700 miles? Dude barely drove it. Think about it - that's only 1,300 mi a year!

As for driving it home, it all depends on your life situation, but it's not through Iowa and Nebraska! I would think a 1,000 mile drive from Portland to San Diego could be fantastic!

I would do it as a 4 day weekend - next weekend perhaps. Fly up there and drive it back. Make scenic stops along the way. Spend time on this forum and find some great twisty roads for the journey back. Drive the amazing drive down 1 south from Monterey. So many great options. Take your time, see the sights, spend a couple nights in hotels.

I would have loved to have done something like that with my car, but I bought it from a dealer 18 miles away!

As for a dump - not a bad idea. Is there a Lotus dealership in Portland? Prolly not a bad idea to spend two hours of tech's labor to do an inspection and ECU dump for the piece of mind of a 1,000 mile drive. We'll help you with the road kit you'll need including fix a flat, an onboard Swedish Masseuse and of course, make sure all the bolts (front suspension, wheels, etc) are properly torqued. I'd bring a torque wrench and OBD monitor with me to - if you throw a code, you can do roadside triage.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
sweet buy! nice purchase.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Thats pretty low miles. Congrats.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, finally done deal.. Everything looks like a 10000K car. No signs of being driven in the rain. Currently on the road on my way to San Diego with a driver( my hands are broke) . So far so good. My driver still can't wipe the smile off his face. In the mean time I am like staring at a beautiful naked chicc but can't to anything but watch!!! Still not bad, was worth the drive.. Updates to follow

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 21 Posts