The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to pull the trigger on a Pro Alloy Radiator to replace my slowly leaking stock one. I'm toying with the idea of also replacing the stock fans with Spal pullers. I've seen a few mentions of keeping the A/C while using pullers although the companies selling the fan kits say it is not recommended if you have A/C. What's the group's consensus on this?

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
I'm about to pull the trigger on a Pro Alloy Radiator to replace my slowly leaking stock one. I'm toying with the idea of also replacing the stock fans with Spal pullers. I've seen a few mentions of keeping the A/C while using pullers although the companies selling the fan kits say it is not recommended if you have A/C. What's the group's consensus on this?
I have dual SPAL puller fans on an aftermarket radiator and the AC. No issues in 8 years.

San

·
Registered
73 Posts
I also have the Spal puller fans and everything works very well. No more crushing the condenser fins with pullers either.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Weird, I definitely noticed a decrease in temps with the puller fans. Even double checked the AC system for leaks and charge

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I don't know why the puller fans would not work with AC.

I don't see a problem with the stock fans, and don't see any reason they would crush the condenser fins

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I have seen that thread but I've checked my condenser fins with an inspection mirror and they looks fine (albeit more dirty) under the fans. I'm more interested in raising the cooling headroom for future mods (REV 300 or 400) along with a Laminova.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts