The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a fiberglass box in the footwell and am installing it in the next two weeks, I have my speakers, amp, sub all picked out but was wondering if the factory headunit has an output RCA and if it can be pulled without any specialty tools. thank you, -JD

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
There was a removal tool that came in the box of odds and ends that the original owners got. If you don't have that box, maybe someone in your area does that you could borrow. Sorry have no idea about the RCA output.

·
Premium Member
11,772 Posts
bend two section of a coathanger?

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
If you do an advanced search for radio manuals it will give have a sticky somewhere and you can download it and see everything and where it gets plugged in. The removal tool looks like a small U shaped piece of wire.
If you go to a Sound Advice or other stereo place, they should have them in stock. On my old VW I used a thin piece of wire that I bent instead. However the radio in the Lotus seems a little bit harder to take out, since it is in pretty tight.

I have the same radio (original on first 500 or so Elises with touring pack) and it came with a microphone to adjust the equilizer and a plug that has the RCA jacks on it. They were in the box that the radio came in that was in the trunk of the car. They are not attached, you have to put the equilizer microphone wires into the plug, and then plug it into the back of the radio, and the RCA jacks are similar, their is a place on the back of the radio that a plug goes into. The plug then has all the RCA jacks coming out of it. You have to attach the plug into the back of the radio and it will then have the jacks coming out if it. The rear of the radio does noy have a female type plug that you can attach RCA cables directly into.
If the RCA plug and jacks are missing, you can order them at
Blaupunkt Adapter Cables from Continental Imports
The one that came witht he radio is the second one that is yellow and costs $23.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts