The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carried over from the 'best driving shoes' thread.

Since you have Loti, you are enthusiasts. Since you are 'enthusiasts', you are required to own 4,271 pairs of Pumas.

So, figured I'd help. Just got a 'Friends and Family' email. Apparently, through the weekend, everything on the Puma site is 50% off. Use promo code BESTBUDS.

I for one, am digging the new FutureCat SuperLT. Weigh about as much as a hamster fart and nice and narrow for our silly pedal clearance.

Oh, and if you a) get Ferrari ones, or b) get them to match your car, a junk punch will be in your immediate future.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hey thanks for sharing the code. Those Futurecat SuperLTs look more like a cross trainer than a driving shoe. I guess whatever you feel most comfortable in will work best. I have the original FutureCats and still today, it's my most favorite driving shoe.

It's so tempting to buy yet another pair of shoes I don't need.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for sharing the code. Those Futurecat SuperLTs look more like a cross trainer than a driving shoe. I guess whatever you feel most comfortable in will work best. I have the original FutureCats and still today, it's my most favorite driving shoe.

It's so tempting to buy yet another pair of shoes I don't need.
To be honest, the pics don't really look like the in person thing. They do look like cross trainers, but in person they are great 'motorsport' shoes. Firm back heel for planting, super light weight and very narrow for pedal control.

·
Registered
345 Posts
SwingLo - Can you post a link to the new Future Cat Super LT's you are talking about? I found several (too many....it's confusing they use the same name for various shoes), but nothing they claim to be "new". Thanks!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SwingLo - Can you post a link to the new Future Cat Super LT's you are talking about? I found several (too many....it's confusing they use the same name for various shoes), but nothing they claim to be "new". Thanks!

Here you go - these are the exact ones I have. They are on sale for $52 and if that 50% applies, that's like $26 for a pair of Pumas. Cray cray.

The FutureCat MTs in Suede are pretty cool too:

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
Well, selection is limited depending on size, but I did grab a pair of drift cats for 35 bucks. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
581 Posts
SwingLo.. Thanks for sharing code.
Picked up the speed cats plus some.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Perfect timing! It's about time I get some "real" driving shoes. Thanks for the code!

Edit: I've never had a pair of Pumas before. Could anyone comment on their sizing? Do they tend to run bigger or smaller?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Perfect timing! It's about time I get some "real" driving shoes. Thanks for the code!

Edit: I've never had a pair of Pumas before. Could anyone comment on their sizing? Do they tend to run bigger or smaller?
For me, they are a half size small, so I order a half size larger. i.e. I wear 10.5 in everything, but my Puma's are 11's. Hope this helps. Remember....that's for me. I'm not responsible when your new Puma's don't fit. :D

·
Registered
978 Posts

Agree with ArizonaExige. Buy a half size larger than you wear in other shoes and you are good to go. I snagged some MT's.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I got the e-mail too...I'm all PUMA'd out though, I have a lot of their stuff already, including many athletic gear, and a few of their driving shoes...I don't like the whole side lace thing going on with the Future Cat line. I like the Speed Cat or Drift Cat line much more!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Just ordered a pair of Speed Cat and a pair of Future Cat both in +1/2 and +1 to my normal sizing. Hopefully, one of each style will fit and I will return the other two pair. :D. Thanks for the info and coupon Swinglo.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
i love puma shoes. it works with sale items too.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts