The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks

I bought this shift knob from PNM:

The listing says the pre 98 cars should have a 12mm shift lever. But the mounting hole is too large my 94' shift lever?

I was thinking maybe one of the POs had changed to the later shift lever?

Anybody have any thoughts?

Also this knob is FS. I will sell it for $65 shipped. Shipping from the UK is like $30 so it does not make sense to return it and it will save you $30. I am going to order the 10mm knob I think with my next order and try to get them to throw in the shipping with the other parts I order...

·
Registered
603 Posts
Let me check FrankEnSPRIT - it might be able to use it.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Eric,
I picked up my shift knob from Lotus by Claudius and it fit perfectly and looks even better with a small Lotus emblem embedded atop the knob. I mated it with their alloy shift boot surround and I'm real pleased with the look and feel. BTW, the mats were done by my old friends at Automat in Hicksville, Long Island in Wilton Wool.
Bob
Bob

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
I errantly did not keep the receipt for all the alloy bits from Claudius, Eric, but I do recall that it was not inexpensive. However, the quality on every part was amazing.

Bob

Looks awesome! What was the cost of the Claudious knob?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump

Still have this knob - if any body wants to try it make me an offer. We can measure your shifter first to make sure it fits.

·
Premium Member
11,893 Posts
You can stick a thread insert the correct size in there and use polyurethane (2 part) to embed that. Fixed my issue with Elan gearshift forever.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can stick a thread insert the correct size in there and use polyurethane (2 part) to embed that. Fixed my issue with Elan gearshift forever.
My OE knob is fine, I just like the look of the AL knob, plus I hear the 2nd degree burns on your palm are a nice bonus o_O

1 - 8 of 8 Posts