The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i plan on just mounting it on my windshield but i may later buy that mount to put it behind me. but if i go that route, i will likely need the remote display. should i get the remote display along with my purchase?

another question was for those who happen to just mount to the windshield instead of next to the seat. will the radar still detect through the back window of an exige if it's mounted to the windshield?

also, sometime in the future, i'd like to add a jammer of some kind and i know some members use the v1 + jammer combo after reading some of the other radar threads. this site Valentine One Radar Detector PLUS Blinder M45 laser jammer are included in the PRS4-V Prowler Remote System. sells a combo but i don't feel right buying the v1 from them. i don't know how the warranty issue would work. any tips regarding this would be appreciated

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Get the remote.

It should not make a difference mounting between the seats or to the windshield. Higher is better.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
There are two remotes; one has the knob and the other has the display. I have both. I mounted the knob on the shift linkage tunnel and mounted the display at the base of the A-pillar on the driver's side. The main unit is mounted on my harness bar in front of the rear window (disguised as another 3rd brake light)

So, it depends on how you are going to mount it...

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i've read that the valentine can be programmed from this link Ask Mike - Report #3

and what i found interesting was this part
"If the unit has been changed, P will appear briefly in the Bogey Counter soon after V1 is switched on (after the lamps-on test, but before the Mode indicator appears.) "

i just got my brand new valentine 1 today. and when i plugged it in for the first time. i saw P as it was starting up. it's there every time i restart it.

does this mean my unit has been changed from factory settings before i received it? or is this how all of them come?

·
Registered
46 Posts
i've read that the valentine can be programmed from this link Ask Mike - Report #3

and what i found interesting was this part
"If the unit has been changed, P will appear briefly in the Bogey Counter soon after V1 is switched on (after the lamps-on test, but before the Mode indicator appears.) "

i just got my brand new valentine 1 today. and when i plugged it in for the first time. i saw P as it was starting up. it's there every time i restart it.

does this mean my unit has been changed from factory settings before i received it? or is this how all of them come?
A brand new Valentine One with POP radar detection will show a "P o P" during start up. If you change the programming, you will just see a "P" at start up.

·
Registered
560 Posts
i've installed it in the rear window over the entrance light,with a custom bracket sold by somebody on the forum,along with a remote mirror display that replaces the existing mirror and a remote audio control.search forums to find all of these

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
My V1 is still out for repairs. I bought a cheapo detector to tide me over, but man, nothing compares to the V1.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep, the v1 is definitely a keeper. i think for now i'm just gonna go with the windshield mount. i wish i could go higher on the windshield but then i don't believe i'll get any rear visibility.

i also didn't know until i tested the remote display out that when it's plugged in, the main display goes out. i thought maybe they would both light up. so i could have the remote display plugged in attached to the lighter plug and just have my mute button there instead of reaching for it.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
i also didn't know until i tested the remote display out that when it's plugged in, the main display goes out. i thought maybe they would both light up. so i could have the remote display plugged in attached to the lighter plug and just have my mute button there instead of reaching for it.
Good to know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts