The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need you guys help in explaining to me the options given my situation. I live in Texas and making payments on an '07 elise. I found the perfect exige I like at the price I want but it is in Calif. I have a little cash, but would prefer to not use it. Is my only option to drive my elise to calif and use it as a trade in? (they're going to screw me then knowing I'm stuck, right?) I don't know if I sold my elise privately, that I would qualify for a new loan. Should I go to the bank with the elise loan and tell them what I want to do and see what they say? Shipping is also an option, but I don't mind the driving if I have to. I have more time than money at the moment. What do ya'll suggest?:shrug:

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Get in an accident that damages both front and rear clams and replace your damaged clams with Exige clams.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I traded in a BoxsterS for my Elise sight unseen by the dealer (it was in the shop at the time). If the dealer wants to sell the car, they should be willing to offer you a trade in value over the phone (assuming you are very serious). If you represented the car properly, you shouldn't have a problem.

·
Registered
90 Posts
NO PHONE TRANSACTIONS !!!

DO NOT ACCEPT ANY OFFER OVER THE PHONE !!! MAKE SURE YOU HAVE IT IN WRITING BEFORE HEADING OUT TO THE DEALER !!! TRUST ME ON THIS !!!

- secondly in my opinion, why trade it if you could just beef it up it's more fun cuz it's a convertable.
-thirdly if you want a different look...put stipes on it.

just my 3cents:rolleyes:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Now is most certainly not the best time to sell...however its a great time to buy. I'd chat w/ the bank first...make sure this is a doable thing for you. This will also let you learn how much you need from your car to make it work.

Then go from there. Private party will yield better $ for your car than trade-in...but its much more work on your end...and it requires patience.

But yeah step 1 should be to look @ finances to see if this is a wise move, or at least a doable move.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I know that economic times are tough for a lot of people, but as you can see, cars are selling.

As said before, you will do better monetarily selling your vehicle privately.

I would bet that the deal on the Exige will still be available to you after you sell your car. Auto dealers are quite motivated at this time.

I'm sure you would like to have it sooner than later, but sometimes patience can be fruitful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts