The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Exige
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So any idea where else to get these other than lotusgarage?

If I believe I have a bad o2, should I just buy 2 and have them both replaced?

someone suggested that the downstream o2 is only for the cat and isn't really important compared to the other one.

is there a DIY on this repair? i've never done it before nor do i know where to look and what i'll need.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've been looking at these, too- (since I started getting an occasional P0133 code...)

It looks like a good replacement O2 sensor that would plug right in would be this:

Denso 234-5107
It's $165 from carpartswarehous.com, and $74.83 from myautopartswholesale.com

Is anyone using the Denso part, and is it as good as / better than the OEM Bosch? (The Bosch looks like it may be identical to the one used on the VW GTI.)

For the moment, I've swapped the my pre-cat O2 sensor with the post-cat one- If the code comes back I plan on ordering the Denso part...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Guys, I can supply the O2 sensors in good price.

Please PM me if interested. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
There are multiple narrowband O2 sensor technologies, and our ECU is programmed for the technology the stock O2 sensor uses (for example, response times can vary for the same conditions between different types of O2 sensors). If you pick a different one, you need to make sure that the technology is the same, otherwise you may get poor running or and check engine light.

I would also love to have a list of compatible alternative cheaper O2 sensors. I wouldn't mind universal sensors that you have to splice in the old connector (I'm good at that).

Does anyone have a list?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I installed the new O2 sensors I bought here (thanks, Dori-Dori!) and haven't had a CEL since- it seems my pre-cat sensor was the problem.

·
Registered
2006 Exige
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bringing back old thread of mine.

i'm thinking of picking up a bosch o2 sensor since some other members tried this and said it worked. i'm assuming this one you have to do some splicing to get it to work with the oem set up.

bosch/oxygen sensor part number 15733

Bosch/Oxygen Sensor (15733) | AutoZone.com

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I believe that is what I have installed. I just matched the wires and used solder and heat shrink. No problems so far. Just be sure to cut the old sensor furthest from the harness so you can reuse it again later down the road, since you'll have to remove the soldered part later on to get good clean wire.

·
Registered
2006 Exige
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe that is what I have installed. I just matched the wires and used solder and heat shrink. No problems so far. Just be sure to cut the old sensor furthest from the harness so you can reuse it again later down the road, since you'll have to remove the soldered part later on to get good clean wire.
i'm about to have this done. installing the bosch o2 sensor. and hopefully get rid of this dang p0171 code.

when you say furthest from the harness, are you saying closer to the oem o2 sensor?

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
i'm about to have this done. installing the bosch o2 sensor. and hopefully get rid of this dang p0171 code.

when you say furthest from the harness, are you saying closer to the oem o2 sensor?
Yes, you want to give yourself some extra length on the wire itself, so cut it closer to the body of the oxygen sensor. This way if you want to replace the sensor again in a couple years and you have to cut harness you will still have plenty of length in the future.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
bringing back old thread of mine.

i'm thinking of picking up a bosch o2 sensor since some other members tried this and said it worked. i'm assuming this one you have to do some splicing to get it to work with the oem set up.

bosch/oxygen sensor part number 15733

Bosch/Oxygen Sensor (15733) | AutoZone.com
Is 15733 the ticket ? 2005 Elise

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Yes that is correct. I bought mine from MWR and it was identical.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've got the sensors, are y'all using the included Bosch screw together connectors or something else?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts