The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have found the vehicle I want...or at least think I want. It is on Ebay, I am quite scared as this is my first lotus and the guy has no service history. Is there anyway to obatn information on this vehicle other then carfax?
Vin is SCCPC111X5HL32246

Thank you very much....Last thing I want to do is get beat on my first lotus

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Why doesn't he have the service history?

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Well I have # 2292 and it came in with that one in March of 05. Dual oil coolers

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Same here, one of those pages was from a previous advert where the car's price was listed as $19k.

Now *that* is a red flag.
i was just going through google and saw the same thing...

unless you can go inspect the car(with a knowledgeable person), IMO stay away.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
i would think no service history would be a red flag
Not necessarily.

For example, my car has no "service history" - I do my own maintenance instead of taking it to the dealer. It had the 1,000 mile service at the dealer and all the factory Service Bulletins done under warranty, but everything else is by me.

Now, what the previous two post have pointed out - those are red flags...

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Also from google's cache came this quote about the car:

THE ONLY APPOLOGY IS THE CAR HAS HAD SOME PAINT WORK ON THE NOSE (SOMEONE HIT A CURB)
I'd back off from this one unless you've seen it in person and taken it for a test drive. I'd suggest also getting an ECU dump and having it checked out at a lotus dealership.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
^ following up Gregs post

this is what the guy test drove the car said on the other thread

I test drove it about a week ago. I guess for the miles it's a great price but I didn't look much into what issues it may or may not have mechanically. I do know the front clam has been repainted and does not have the starshield, the headlights have some sort of clear coat mess on them, and there is a quarter-sized chip in a corner by the area of the driver's-side door. Also you could consider the rear tires as "slicks" as in it needs tires badly. I did however drive it in about twenty degree weather and it was very solid all around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts