The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow LotusTalkers, I am very interested in purchasing this car. But, I'm in Chicago. I was hoping a Los Angeles area Lotus enthusiast would like to take take her for a test drive and confirm that it is indeed in excellent condition.

I'm going to verify his exact location since a drive across all of LA isn't exactly easy.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I strongly recommend driving the car for yourself. Arrange all financial matters, conditional deposit, etc, with the seller. Have a qualified Lotus shop do a PPI. Fly out and fly back to check out the car, the few hundred dollars spent will save you thousands on repairs later on. If the car meets all expectations and passes PPI with flying colors, arrange for cross country transport.

Unless you plan to drive it back to Chicago. Now that would be one hell of a road trip! :shift:

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
There are a lot of us in Socal that would be happy to help you....
I live in Diamond Bar....find out the exact location, and we can help you out.
I do agree with PPI

·
Registered
270 Posts
Awesome deal on that car. Good luck with the purchase.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks like the car is heading to the dealership tomorrow. I'm going to have them give it a once over before purchase. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
270 Posts
It looks like the car is heading to the dealership tomorrow. I'm going to have them give it a once over before purchase. Thanks for the help guys.
Lotus dealership I hope. I'm sure you realize that this isn't your typical car and and Lotus dealership knows what to look for. Believe me, I've learned the hard way. I have 2 recent posts regarding this.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lotus dealership I hope. I'm sure you realize that this isn't your typical car and and Lotus dealership knows what to look for. Believe me, I've learned the hard way. I have 2 recent posts regarding this.
I'll be talking to Lotus of Newport Beach about it. Hopefully they have good things to say!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
If you do come buy it, make sure you get some of the locals to take you through the canyons. THere's a Sunday drive through Malibu everyweek.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'll be talking to Lotus of Newport Beach about it. Hopefully they have good things to say!
If someone hasn't said it, make sure you get an ECU dump. I'm sure it's probably part of the inspection that Newport European does but it doesn't hurt to make sure.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm picking up the car on Saturday, June 6th then proceeding to Las Vegas for the night.

Any advice for the trip to Vegas? I google mapped it with a detour through the Angeles National Forest via CA-2. It looked like a good road, but it would be nice to have some input from the locals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts