The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying some parts from Canada. How tough would it be to get it shipped to the US?

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
You have to get it approved through the Canadian Czars.....very difficult -eek-:huh:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
THEN.....they have to put it in a box and go to the post office.

·
Toys Performance
933 Posts
I'm thinking about buying some parts from Canada. How tough would it be to get it shipped to the US?
Umm.. pretty easy! Just ask them to ship through the post office and if they use expedited, you will get it in about a week. Don't use regular mail or you can wait 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Is there any customs concerns? I haven't been able to find much information in terms of duties.

·
Toys Performance
933 Posts
Thanks. Is there any customs concerns? I haven't been able to find much information in terms of duties.
If you ship through the post office, usually they don't charge cutoms unless the item is quite expensive. If you ship UPS/Fedex, no customs fees unless item is over 200.00

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have shipped auto parts to the USA from up here in Canada, and the sender will have to fill out a customs form which I didnt find to hard to do(10 mins)

USA customs may hold the item for a while If the description of the item(s) or the declared value is not to their liking.

Items made in the USA/Canada/Mexico are exempt from import duty(via the free trade agreement), but a customs brokerage fee may be charged If you are shipping via Fed-Ex, UPS,DHL etc.and duty can be charged on stuff made in the UK /Europe ROW etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts