The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to sell my Diasio D962R. I hate to do it but I am taking care of my dad and it's a full time job and has consumed all of my free time.

I am the original owner of car #7 and have invested a lot of time and money making it a safe, fast and dependable car. The car is as fast or faster than a Formula Mazda and has the advantage of a closed cockpit as well as a passenger seat.

I will post a list of modifications, spares, as well as pictures and links to videos. We run it exclusively at the Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, Il.

Track times are as follows:
Full track: 2:23
South track: 1:23
North track: 1:02 (recently did a 1:03 with a 195# passenger)

This is a full turn key set up with tools and spares

I feel I have it priced fairly ($76,000) considering the list of spares as well as all of the modifications.

The car is very fast and caution should be exercised as the car is not for the inexperienced driver or the faint of heart. In is capable of turning close to 3 G's in turns. Much faster than an Ariel Atom, Noble, Elise, 911. It can stay with GT3 Cups daily without an issue and is much more affordable for parts. I PREVIOUSLY OWNED THE CARBON FIBER TURBO ELISE AND THIS CAR IS 15 SECONDS FASTER PER LAP ON THE ABCC TRACKS TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA OF ITS SPEED.

Car has been completely gone through, sorted and all modifications were done to make is reliable, easy to maintain and fast! No expense has been spared to make these changes and no short cuts were taken. I have had only the best people around work on the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hope to upload videos both trackside as well as onboard tomorrow

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found an error on my spares list. The Avon spare tires only have (1) heat cycle on the NOT (12).

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Diasio...price drop

Winter is on the way and I want to move it before the snow hits.

$61,000 takes it all. Great car at a great price. If you are serious about a track car that is safe, reliable and seats 2 then here ya go!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DIASIO D962R fall special price drop

I can be reached on my cell at 847 975 7044. I listed the number on my spares list but did not have it in the body of the ad.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump.......

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Daiosio price drop

I want to move it before season gets under way.....$55,000 take it all

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Video against Formula Mazdas and Ford Spec racer

I will be uploading onboard and track side videos from yesterday against Formula Mazdas and Ford Spec racer. They didn't have a chance against #7. Ate em up and spit them out. The car ran absolutely flawless. We were informed yesterday that ABCC is going to let us run with Porsche GT3 cups again and all other GT class cars.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will be uploading video from this morning later this evening after conversion to youtube. We did the full track layout at ABCC, 3.56 miles and 22 turns. Temperature was low (53-54 degrees) and we battled 30 plus MPH winds. Did really well considering the conditions. The car was rock solid and stable in crosswinds. No issues with car at all. Fueled up and ran it then did a once over the entire car and took it out again. Not a thing needed to be done other than fuel. This is how a race car should be. Tire check shows that 90% of the entire width of fronts and rears are being used, so the camber is spot on. Ran a different set up today on tires and that increased terminal speed by 5 MPH coming into braking zone on the long runs.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A dry, hot track and minimal winds would have helped. Turned low 2:30's with a best of 2:31.7 today.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All the fun starts around 17:30

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Here is the latest video from yesterday on North tack at ABCC.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Wow, fantastic car. Can't believe you are having a hard time selling.

Viva la Economy - eh?

Do you keep your car at Stradale? Thinking maybe one of Angelo's regulars might jump on it? Or paint it red and throw a prancing horse on it and sell it to Weinburger! :)

Good luck. Fantastic car.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Economy is bad for sure. Not in a panic to sell it. I have it sorted and it's basically maintenance free except for fuel and tires midway through the season. It's dialed in and always fun to drive. I'm having second thoughts on selling. I have put so much time and money into it to make it right I figure I might as well enjoy it until it sells. I ran out of things to do on it, it's that good now.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SOLD

1 - 18 of 18 Posts