The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please use this forum to discuss anything having to do with the MSRP increase. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I think if as ulm says the increase of $945i s true, its not as bad as lots of folks were led to believe by the dealers who'd been swearing it would be 10k.

As Vantage says, thought it'd be a bit later, but with the continued poor performance of the dollar guess they couldn't really delay it, I think the only guys making real money on the cars are the dealers selling at market price.

Chris

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Sounds like it takes effect immediately, judging by the original post, unless the dealer has already paid for your car and it is waiting for you to pick up. If you have not paid for it yet, it probably affects you.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Well, I for one have to think about this ****. My car WAS gonna cost me 45K, now it is 46K? Why should I have to delete options just to afford this?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hmmm, I was already pushing it to afford this car. If that's true, I'm out and getting a C6 in a year, bank up some cash.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Was there any offical announcement? :confused: :mad:

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
The Lotuscars.com Crapfigurator still says 39,985. If it's true that MSRP has increased I have some serious thinking to do.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I'm buying the car - don't really care too much about the price - just want to get it for the best deal I can get - it's worth what I'm willing to pay for it and they haven't exceeded that yet (and have a long way to go) LOL

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
CRAPTACULAR

CRAPTACULAR! Don't deliver on time and increase price. What next? The car only comes with three wheels and the fourth is an optional upgrade? Lotus/Proton/LCUSA SUCKS ASS (if this is true).

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
could the $945 be the cost for the Starshield? It seems to be a standard accessory now.
I hope you are right. If that's the case, then I take back all my emotional comments.

Could be true, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I am pissed. I left my deposit over a year ago and then placed my order in January and was in the first batch of 10 cars that were ordered by my dealer. At that time we were already aware of the original price increase. The car was suppossed to be here a few months ago and keeps getting delayed. It seems like Lotus has a backlog of cars in the port. Tehy ahve been making cars since April, and have only delivered a handful. How convienent to raise up the price before even 10% of the years production has even been delivered. I cant even get an answer if mine has been built, it they say sorry, you missed and its September, I will just cancel the clearbra that is supposed to be installed at the port as an act of spite.

Toyota cant even sell 5000 Mr2s and they are cheaper and not as
basic as the Elise, and now Pontiac is coming out with the Solace, which will cost half as much.

Good luck Lotus, I would have thought you would have learned after the M100 fiasco.

You just pissed off most of your customer base. Anyone with any thoughts of buying one of your new Esprits or the Exige if you decide to offer it here, will surely have second thoughts now.

I want Arnie back!!!!

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
nxm150 said:
One more!

Wasn't there suppose to be an announcement on their official website? :D

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
xxxotic said:
I am pissed. I left my deposit over a year ago and then placed my order in January and was in the first batch of 10 cars that were ordered by my dealer. At that time we were already aware of the original price increase. The car was suppossed to be here a few months ago and keeps getting delayed. It seems like Lotus has a backlog of cars in the port. Tehy ahve been making cars since April, and have only delivered a handful. How convienent to raise up the price before even 10% of the years production has even been delivered. I cant even get an answer if mine has been built, it they say sorry, you missed and its September, I will just cancel the clearbra that is supposed to be installed at the port as an act of spite.

Toyota cant even sell 5000 Mr2s and they are cheaper and not as
basic as the Elise, and now Pontiac is coming out with the Solace, which will cost half as much.

Good luck Lotus, I would have thought you would have learned after the M100 fiasco.

You just pissed off most of your customer base. Anyone with any thoughts of buying one of your new Esprits or the Exige if you decide to offer it here, will surely have second thoughts now.

I want Arnie back!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Agreed, I was in the first 10 ordered as well. I've got to call Tom ASAP and figure out what is going on.

·
Registered
724 Posts
just called behlmans yup the price went up. ah hell i can live with it. im just glad i called it turns out they didnt have my name right it seems there are 2 morrisons ordering the car and they had his name twice and when they found me they had my address as kansas not arkansas and im not #11 anymore but im #13 and i am not getting my car at the end of oct/nov but the middle of oct (i cant bitch about that) if true and i now think im totally nuts. its a good thing i have a store full of pills.:confused: :crazyeyes :wallbang: you know i just dont care anymore beat me whip me make me write bad checks i just want my car and i want it chrome orange with touring package and a hard top

1 - 20 of 131 Posts