The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure of the outcome, but I have listed my Evora for sale in various places. I have enjoyed this board for the past two years and felt like this was one of the friendliest and most helpful commmunities I have ever been involved with in the automobile world. It definitely added to the whole Lotus experience (plus I had a great dealer in Orlando as well!!). Not all car forums are like this. Some are snobbish and unfriendly and others can be downright rude. I have never found this place to be like that. On balance, we are more like a club joined together by a very unique car that we are passionate about. Again, it may not sell and I am not trying to count the chickens before they hatch. But just in case;
Thanks Lotus Talk members!

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
Make sure you list it here. Best place to sell the car!!. I've sold BOTH my Lotus with Lotus Talk!! and found the connection for my "S"

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
brgelise, done! Here, autotrader, cars.com among others. Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lotuscupcar, had sportscars since 16..almost 40 years. I owned almost every make and even had a go at a collection the last few years. We sold the house, downsized and bought the "retirement" home in the Fla Keys. I have no garage, just a carport now. I have sold everything off except the Maser which (because I am a masochist) is my daily driver LOL. I will probably put the Lambo up for sale later this year. They are scattered all over the place to keep them under a roof for the time being. I intend on keeping one fun car for the forseeable future though.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
congrates - it is tough to stop in the mid 50's and so easy to say i am going to work just another year. good choice - i am so close to disengaging as well but like bubble gum, it is hard to get off the feet at times.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
lotuscupcar, had sportscars since 16..almost 40 years. I owned almost every make and even had a go at a collection the last few years. We sold the house, downsized and bought the "retirement" home in the Fla Keys. I have no garage, just a carport now. I have sold everything off except the Maser which (because I am a masochist) is my daily driver LOL. I will probably put the Lambo up for sale later this year. They are scattered all over the place to keep them under a roof for the time being. I intend on keeping one fun car for the forseeable future though.
Nice!

Jealous of your location. We went to Costa Rica through Miami, flew over the Keyes. Also was in Miami for work but couldn't get to the Keys on tight schedule.

SIGH. So gorgeous.

I would keep the Lambo, but then again that is just me. :up:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cpa4s, slowing down is more fitting rather than full on retirement. Was shown a great story that applied to me. "One day a young man was walking through the woods when he happened upon a beautiful shiny stone. He admired it, picked it up and placed it in his backpack. As he walked further he saw another. Different color but just as pretty. He admired it, picked it up and placed it in his backpack. Many years later he is older now. Walking more slowly and with a slight stoop. Still picking up shiny rocks though. God smiles, taps him on his shoulder and says 'your journey through life would be a whole lot easier if you weren't carrying 80 pounds of dusty rocks in your backpack" LOL
Figured it was a good time for me to simplify a few things and empty out some of my backpack.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lotuscupcar, part of the downsizing freed up $$ to ask ourselves the question "we have always lived where we were Born or Had To, Due To Work. Where would we Want to live?"
I have been going to the Keys since I was a kid. It took us two years of looking but found a little slice of earthly paradise. Heaven will be better (no property tax or hurricanes) but this is very very nice.
The Lambo will be tough. It is my favorite. I sold off 6 of the others, the Lotus is 7. But the sentimental fave is the Jalpa.

·
Registered
261 Posts
cpa4s, slowing down is more fitting rather than full on retirement. Was shown a great story that applied to me. "One day a young man was walking through the woods when he happened upon a beautiful shiny stone. He admired it, picked it up and placed it in his backpack. As he walked further he saw another. Different color but just as pretty. He admired it, picked it up and placed it in his backpack. Many years later he is older now. Walking more slowly and with a slight stoop. Still picking up shiny rocks though. God smiles, taps him on his shoulder and says 'your journey through life would be a whole lot easier if you weren't carrying 80 pounds of dusty rocks in your backpack" LOL
Figured it was a good time for me to simplify a few things and empty out some of my backpack.
Thanks for sharing the rock story. Somehow today, I really needed to hear that.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
lotuscupcar, part of the downsizing freed up $$ to ask ourselves the question "we have always lived where we were Born or Had To, Due To Work. Where would we Want to live?"
I have been going to the Keys since I was a kid. It took us two years of looking but found a little slice of earthly paradise. Heaven will be better (no property tax or hurricanes) but this is very very nice.
The Lambo will be tough. It is my favorite. I sold off 6 of the others, the Lotus is 7. But the sentimental fave is the Jalpa.
My wife's cousin had a Jalpa that he drove me in about about 20 years ago (he was living in California at the time) and while I have always loved cars, it was likely the Jalpa that converted me from a muscle car guy to a sports car guy. The last few fun toys were an Audi S4, a 911 Cab AWD and now the EVORA and the experience keeps getting better each time around. Although I can't imagine what would be more fun to drive as a daily driver than the Evora so I'll likely be holding on to her for a long while. Then again....... :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rpoloin, what a night and day difference that 30 years or sports car technology makes. The Jalpa is similar to driving a tractor VS the Evora. I do drive them back to back and it's almost funny. The Jalpa sits lower (if you can believe that) and gets me into some really cool high end car shows and functions. The Evora is sooooo much more pleasant to drive. Everything works (usually) on the Lotus and we take it on long trips. The Jalpa is fun, but in a Model A Ford, primitive kind of way. I have been blessed to have owned lots of cars. Each one unique and with it's own personality.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lotustwn, you are welcome.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Simplicity eases the mind.........
Sometimes a person should reevaluate their time before there are no more tomorrows.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts