The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am waiting to pick up my Elise - any day now or so I am told by Symbolic. When last I heard, it was still at the port here in San Diego. The VIN number I have been given ends in 0360. That would seem to be far too low for a car that is still at the port in mid December. Other posts show that the number should be in the 900's or 1000's by now. How can this be?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
if your car sat in a shipping container in the harbor at long beach for a long titme it may not be so surprising at all. just 5 weeks ago 490 was deleivered on the east coast. combined with comments that cars in the high hundreds are not all destined for the US it might be just what you should expect.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Also, don't they assign the VIN before the final inspection? Maybe there was a quality issue and it got moved back a little. Thus it would come out of order of most of the other cars.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
That's probably not the kind of news Grant is looking for :(

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Robert Puertas said:
I just took delivery Friday of #518 at Newport.
Robert that's great. What did you order?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If a car has needed repairs, am I entitled to know what has been done? Do the have to disclose that?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
grantcv said:
If a car has needed repairs, am I entitled to know what has been done? Do the have to disclose that?
it depends on the severity of the damage. if it's below a certain dollar amount to repair, then no

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
When Park Place got their first car about 6 weeks ago, it was vin 036 or something really low like that. I don't remember off the top of my head. Either way it was stuck in customs for a long time.

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
FWIW, I took delivery of VIN #495 on December 2, and it was delivered to the dealer during the last week of November.

·
Registered
786 Posts
build date v delivery date

I was given a build date of mid oct around the 15

a vin about 1 month later

and my car arrived at Palm Beach Motors today so it looks like 60 days east cost from build to delivery assuming no port problems.

By the way Ryan looked my car over and the star shield looked so good he did not think it was applied, artic silver paint.

Hopefully have it this thursday.

can't belive it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I got my car yesterday (Dec 14) and it was built in August so it took the long route to get to me. It looks fine - I saw it before it was washed. It was pretty dusty. I can tell it is older by the earlier radio and different Starshield pattern (I would rather have the new pattern).

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Congrats!!!

I also have the old patern, it's holding up just fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts