The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my center and side heat exchangers plus new radiator installed, all PWR parts...Brent did the magic. This is identical to what is now on AJ's car and pics of the loose parts are somewhere in his previous thread of the aero mods. All the air is forced into the 3rd center heat exchanger, which is 3rd in line to cool the intercooler water - sides take out most of the heat. The 3 pass radiator is mounted in a much better way with the back side angled downward (hard to see in photos) and is completely sealed. The heat exchanger system is pretty similar to old man Frank's original setup using 3 pieces, it works very well.

Previous engine water temps:
highway 195-200
traffic 200-205
track 188-195 *this was during colder season, with the smaller pulley

Current engine water temps (from today):
highway 187-190
traffic 200-205
track *will know on Tuesday, air will be warm 93+

Previous post intercooler temps (cold side):
highway 95-120
traffic 110-130
track 100-135+ *this was during colder season, with the smaller pulley

Current post intercooler temps (cold side):
highway 80-85 *temps were ~80 ambient today
traffic 90-110
track *will know on Tuesday, air will be warm 93+

Pretty significant cooling beyond what was already working extremely well, very pleased :) In my canyon romp today I went pretty hard in low gears, engine temps were 195 and cold side intercooler temps were 85 - low to mid speed. I suspect on the track with more airflow it will help counter the additional engine and supercharger load to stay around there...we'll see. Thanks again Brent everything works perfectly!

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Looks great and seems to be a nice upgrade ...

PWR are just down the road from me and they do great work and offer a good service ..

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,072 Posts
Wouldn't sealing the radiator/heat exchanger sides cause more drag?

Looks very purposeful.

Can you shoot a picture from further away?

On water temps:
After installing the vf2 my water temps dropped:
hgwy: 186-189 from 189-191
city: 192-195 from 192-200

I think the intercooler makes the motor run cooler during highway driving
if you keep below ~85 mph. (70-80degree day)
-Robert

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Robert- I have a friend who is looking into getting the VF2 upon my recommendation would you be able to meet up for a quick ride for him one day?

Yeah I remember my stock engine ran very cool and with the water injection on track ran VERY cool. Now with the built sleeved motor the whole thing runs much warmer than a stock config, and to get similar power levels with my lower compression the boost has to go way way up - as does heat. My SC will pump out 280+ degrees easy on long loads...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts