The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets say one of the aftermarket SC manufacturer got the CARB approved. Then will it void the 7 years Lotus emission warranty? Based on the JonOrangeElise post, I am a bit skeptical whether to get aftermarket SC kit even if it's CARB approved.

Thanks.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Just because a kit is CARB approved doesn't mean it is still covered under warrantee. There are a few kits that are honored but usually require the dealership to install them.

A CARB kit shouldn't effect your emmissions...hardly doubt something else would fail.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
If an aftermarket modification can reasonably be shown to be a possible cause of a particular failure, then that failure may not be covered by the warranty. I can't envision a scenario where one could reasonably argue that a supercharger system led to the deterioration of the sealant in the fuel tank.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
If an aftermarket modification can reasonably be shown to be a possible cause of a particular failure, then that failure may not be covered by the warranty. I can't envision a scenario where one could reasonably argue that a supercharger system led to the deterioration of the sealant in the fuel tank.
Agreed.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
But so far.... there is no CARB kit for those like me who are waiting for a CARB kit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts