The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2006 new to me Elise, and unlike my friends two 2005s it does not have an iPod cable coming out. I would really like to charge my iPhone off of it and play Pandora vs radio. Is there just a cable I need, or do certain factory radios not have iPod integration? Does anyone know if the factory radios support playing pandora vs only supports native iPhone iTunes app.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
What type of radio is it? I have an 08 and it came with an Alpine CDE-9827. All I want to know about it is on the web when I search for the manual. I would imagine the same holds true for your radio.

-Matt

·
3Xtothe0[]
489 Posts
Some have the cable and some don't. I don't think the stock radio will even charge I-phones? Time for a new head, if you have to pull it out (to put a cable in) then send it to the junk pile and get a better one.

·
Registered
693 Posts
What is that standard upgrade for head units for the 06's? I'm thinking about doing the same so I can play ipod/iphone music.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
You my consider a head unit with a rear USB hookup from which you can run a cable through the dash - depending on whether you like to have cables hanging around over your gearshift.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Or get a head unit that supports A2DP bluetooth... A2DP allows audio streaming over bluetooth! Great for iPhone with Pandora app. Careful - not all bluetooth supports A2DP. Some manufactures only offer A2DP in their optional bluetooth adaptors (ie Alpine).
Kenwood makes some good A2DP decks!

Cables? You don't need no stinking cable!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You my consider a head unit with a rear USB hookup from which you can run a cable through the dash - depending on whether you like to have cables hanging around over your gearshift.
Need to make sure I have a long enough cable that I can run it up to the phone when I have Harry's Laptimer running on the track. It burns 70% of battery life in 30 minutes of driving/video recording.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts