The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you confirm that these size specifications will fit Exige wheels?

205/40R-16 83W XL B

235/40R-17 90W BLK

Several of my friends and surely many others have run these tires successfully so I know it can be done even though they are not the stock sizes.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I think you'll want a 205/45/16, but i'll have to wait until I get home from work to check for sure.

I know I'm running a 215/45 on a 7j rim right now with these tires and the same rear as you posted on a 8j rim, but the 235 will have no problem fitting on the stock 7.5j rim...

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Thanks. On DiscountTire's website, only the 205/40 is shown in that width. There is also a 215/45/16. I thought they were each supposed to be 10mm wider than stock.
I believe the 205/40 is considerably smaller in diameter than the stock size. It will fit, but will cause possible issues with the ABS and TC as well as drop the front of the car lower to the ground. I'm using my iPhone ATM and on the move. I can get back with info in a couple hr's unless somebody else can get it for you before i get home...

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Home now.. :D Here's a link to the size chart for the RT615's

For Reference the Stock Front diameter is 23.6" and the Rear is 24.9"

205/40/16 = 22.5 (1.1" difference)
215/45/16 = 23.6 (Same as stock)

I would definitely go with the 215 as 1.1" is a BIG difference in that it will drop the car .55" (14mm's). You will also have a bigger gap between the fender and tire that also won't look very appealing. It is recommended to put the 215's on a 7-8j rim, but they should fit a stock 6.5 ok. I'm not 100% on the stock offset being ok with this tire however so hopefully somebody else will chime in on that.

You may also want to look in to running Toyo R1R's... I just picked up a set, but I'm still waiting on my new rims to get here so I can put them on the car.

·
Supporting Vendor
139 Posts
Excellent responses Dragon. I just came across this thread today, sorry for the delay. Dragon hit in on the nose though, thank you for responding.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I needed tires shipped out IMMEDIATELY and unfortunately, the Falkens would have arrived late, so I ordered some Nitto Neo-Gens... Only cost me $388, but they are not R-comps :( Thanks to Peter at Discount Tire :clap: :clap: He says they handle great!

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK...I need help again! It's an emergency!

I read up on the Nitto Neogens I bought and apparently, they are very streetable, all-season tires. I do not want these on my car. The rep told me they are high performance street tires.

Anyways, the new rep I spoke to told me he can get the Falken Azeni RT-615s to me in time, but he does not think the fronts (215/45/16) will fit on the 6.5" front wheel without vibration. Many of my friends have run this set-up. I have the sport wheels on a 2006 car. What's the deal here?? Will they fit???

·
Supporting Vendor
139 Posts
Good choice on the change Bavarian, the Neo Gens would be a great everyday tire, I ran them on a Lancer I had for a while and loved them but the RT615's are a much higher level RT performance tire. You will be very happy with the swap.

Thanks for your support! If you post pictures with them on, send me a link.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
How come nobody wants to use Hankook Ventus R-S2 Z212? For the front they come in 205/45-16 and the rear you can use either 225/45-17 or 245/40-17. I think they are even a little cheaper than the Azenis and about the same performance wise. I don't have them for my Lotus but have them on my Bimmer and they are great.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good choice on the change Bavarian, the Neo Gens would be a great everyday tire, I ran them on a Lancer I had for a while and loved them but the RT615's are a much higher level RT performance tire. You will be very happy with the swap.

Thanks for your support! If you post pictures with them on, send me a link.
I am having my car detailed. The tires will arrive tomorrow. With the combo of the detailing and new tires, I can have some great pics for you!

How come nobody wants to use Hankook Ventus R-S2 Z212? For the front they come in 205/45-16 and the rear you can use either 225/45-17 or 245/40-17. I think they are even a little cheaper than the Azenis and about the same performance wise. I don't have them for my Lotus but have them on my Bimmer and they are great.

I've never heard of them. I'll check them out once I destroy these Falkens. These are just temporary tires for me. The price is unbeatable for this level of performance. I typically run Toyo R888s.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts