The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will drive my car to work occasionally. Maybe once a week, once every two weeks.

I have a fantastic commute for the car... all windy and scenic.

I will have a daily driver for most work days.

Should I steer clear of Grundy for that reason?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had Haggarty on a Posrche for a while. Drove me nuts, always worrying about how many miles I was putting on or whether it was being used for a covered purpose. For anything used more than just shows or events I would avoid it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hi

I have American Hobbyist, they are great to work with. The car cannot be your daily driver other than that there are no restrictions. I have agreed value coverage , plus comp/coll, liability, uninsured motorist all for 400 a year, yes thats right a year. They are great to work with and have a decent website.

Todd :)

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I will drive my car to work occasionally. Maybe once a week, once every two weeks.

I have a fantastic commute for the car... all windy and scenic.

I will have a daily driver for most work days.

Should I steer clear of Grundy for that reason?
Yes. They have an addendum that you must sign where you are acknowledging that the vehicle will not be used for any commute, etc. I've attached a copy of it for reference.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi

I have American Hobbyist, they are great to work with. The car cannot be your daily driver other than that there are no restrictions. I have agreed value coverage , plus comp/coll, liability, uninsured motorist all for 400 a year, yes thats right a year. They are great to work with and have a decent website.

Todd :)
I just emailed. Hopefully they will allow occasional work drives.

My commute just happens to be one of my favorite weekend routes.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I just emailed. Hopefully they will allow occasional work drives.

My commute just happens to be one of my favorite weekend routes.
Big mistake.
Rule #1 Don't tell them that you will use it for occasional commuting, they have to deny you if you do.

I have Haggerty and they are a delight to deal with.
When I signed up with them, they hinted to me that they understand that I might use it on occasion to run to work or do an errand ( I don't), but it is a don't ask don't tell situation ;)

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Big mistake.
Rule #1 Don't tell them that you will use it for occasional commuting, they have to deny you if you do.

I have Haggerty and they are a delight to deal with.
When I signed up with them, they hinted to me that they understand that I might use it on occasion to run to work or do an errand ( I don't), but it is a don't ask don't tell situation ;)
It's like saying water pipe instead of bong in a head shop or straight pipe for track use only not can you remove my cat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts