The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to pick up a set of the new Yoko AD08 for my base wheels for the street, however the smallest size they have for the front is a 205/55/R16.

Does anybody have this size on a set of front base wheels, 5.5" width. Tire Rack says that it fits on a rim witdh of 5.5-7.5, but I am wondering about any sort of performance loss.

Also the tire is 1.3" larger in diamater than the original AD07's, the original 175/55/R16's are 23.5" dia. and the new AD08's are 24.8" dia. Should this be a concern or am I worried about nothing.

·
Premium Member
7,544 Posts
OD is way too tall. Screws up the rake and suspension settings and I've also heard of rubbing issues. Bad choice!!

·
Older but getting faster
528 Posts
They will definitely rub. Too tall and too wide for your wheel.
...which BUMS ME OUT! Those of who did not opt for the LSS have no real tire options. :(

I need to spring for some new wheels. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
685 Posts
Should have got the sports package.....
No really I suprised they don't make the Elise tire sizes for the front wheel. I just put the new AD08 on the wifes WRX and she like them just a much or more than the AD07's

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should have got the sports package.....
No really I suprised they don't make the Elise tire sizes for the front wheel. I just put the new AD08 on the wifes WRX and she like them just a much or more than the AD07's
I do have the sport package but I also have a set of base wheels that i use for the street. I use the LSS wheels for the A048's or maybe soon to be R888's. I just wanted the get the new AD08's for the street.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
Just got back from the track and like EVERYONE was running 888's.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Even I'm running 888s now. But it's just because I haven't got my new RA1s mounted yet.

xtn

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just got some sport wheels to replace my base ones and would like to know if the new Yoko AD08 in their limited size choice of 205/55R16 will fit the front sport rim? If they do fit is it a wise thing to get them considering 195/50R16 is what is supposed to go on the sport wheel? The rear seems to come in the proper size of 225/45R17.

Yoko's website says the 205 will fit a wheel of 5.5-7.5 with an overall diameter of 24.8 and overall width of 8.4 so I'm guessing it's just a matter of it rubbing or not.

Yokohama Tire

If these don't work I may have to go with the Toyo T1R instead as they are the same price as the AD08 from what I've found. The AD07 seems to be more expensive and a lot more expensive for the lotus specific ones, which I can't afford.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts