The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Would the BOE oil pan gasket work with any aftermarket oil pan? I assume it would since it has to match up to the motor right?

·
Registered
599 Posts
I fit one to my BOE oil pan in a recent build. Haven't started the engine yet, but the fitment was fine. The o-ring seal is a flawed design. It will always result in a ruptured seal because there is no unused groove volume. A proper o-ring and groove design would result in a great seal.

I think this oil pan gasket will result in a reasonable seal.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response but my question was does this gasket from BOE work with any oil pan? I have one from inokinetic, but I wasn’t sure if this will result in any leaks.

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,403 Posts
That gasket should line up with any pan as the bolt holes will be the same. If I remember correctly that is a thin gasket, I ended up going with another gasket set for the 2ZZ that had a more foam gasket. I have the BOE pan with the cutout for the rubber gasket and I didn't think the paper gasket would work well in that situation.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks for the response but my question was does this gasket from BOE work with any oil pan? I have one from inokinetic, but I wasn’t sure if this will result in any leaks.
Yes. I have the BOE gasket with the gpan2 from Inokinetic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts