The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Exige.

OK, a little weirdness going on here. Last night I went out to take some pix, and happened to pull up on a huge sheet of ice to do so. As I was pulling off the ice the car seemed to be cutting out when the rear tires would spin, something I hadn't experienced before (yes, it was fully warm, and no, the revs were nowhere near redline). I remembered seeing LSD on my window sticker at $1790, which I've read was the price for LSD + traction control, but my car doesn't have the traction control dial on the steering column.

Am I correct that LSD + TC was $1790, and TC by itself was $495?

If so, why would my sticker say $1790 but the car not have a TC dial?

If not, why would the car be cutting out during slippage?

Thanks for any info, this is bugging the hell out of me!

Mods: forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
2006 Exige.

OK, a little weirdness going on here. Last night I went out to take some pix, and happened to pull up on a huge sheet of ice to do so. As I was pulling off the ice the car seemed to be cutting out when the rear tires would spin, something I hadn't experienced before (yes, it was fully warm, and no, the revs were nowhere near redline). I remembered seeing LSD on my window sticker at $1790, which I've read was the price for LSD + traction control, but my car doesn't have the traction control dial on the steering column.

Am I correct that LSD + TC was $1790, and TC by itself was $495?

If so, why would my sticker say $1790 but the car not have a TC dial?

If not, why would the car be cutting out during slippage?

Thanks for any info, this is bugging the hell out of me!

Mods: forgive me if this is in the wrong place.
Variable traction control (with the dial) is a 2008 option... before then, the (optional) traction control is either on or off, controlled by a switch on the shifter console. You do have a switch right next to the shifter, right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.