The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Exige.

OK, a little weirdness going on here. Last night I went out to take some pix, and happened to pull up on a huge sheet of ice to do so. As I was pulling off the ice the car seemed to be cutting out when the rear tires would spin, something I hadn't experienced before (yes, it was fully warm, and no, the revs were nowhere near redline). I remembered seeing LSD on my window sticker at $1790, which I've read was the price for LSD + traction control, but my car doesn't have the traction control dial on the steering column.

Am I correct that LSD + TC was $1790, and TC by itself was $495?

If so, why would my sticker say $1790 but the car not have a TC dial?

If not, why would the car be cutting out during slippage?

Thanks for any info, this is bugging the hell out of me!

Mods: forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
2006 Exige.

OK, a little weirdness going on here. Last night I went out to take some pix, and happened to pull up on a huge sheet of ice to do so. As I was pulling off the ice the car seemed to be cutting out when the rear tires would spin, something I hadn't experienced before (yes, it was fully warm, and no, the revs were nowhere near redline). I remembered seeing LSD on my window sticker at $1790, which I've read was the price for LSD + traction control, but my car doesn't have the traction control dial on the steering column.

Am I correct that LSD + TC was $1790, and TC by itself was $495?

If so, why would my sticker say $1790 but the car not have a TC dial?

If not, why would the car be cutting out during slippage?

Thanks for any info, this is bugging the hell out of me!

Mods: forgive me if this is in the wrong place.
Variable traction control (with the dial) is a 2008 option... before then, the (optional) traction control is either on or off, controlled by a switch on the shifter console. You do have a switch right next to the shifter, right?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I learned the hard way that the traction control is on as the default setting when the car is turned on. To turn off the TC you must push the button with the car running.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts