The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is currently possible with regards to tuning the Evora? By that I mean, what parameters can be altered? Like Idle RPM, increasing the maximum speed limiter, air flow, etc? Or can we only map swap at this point...?

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
The editor they are using for the Evora at this point is very limited. It allows for adjusting timing and basic tuning not that much more. I know that BOE is working on unlocking the ECU like they did for the Elise but for now that's all they have. You can raise the Idle to about 1000RPM by changing the Thermostat to the Toyota Sport thermostat. I don't think you want to changing the limiter as this engine will break if you start pushing it beyond 7200RPM. That's just based on my personal experience supercharging my NA Evora.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for that. The reason I'm asking is because I plan on turbocharging this car and as I expected the stock ECU will be the biggest hiccup. Who knows, it might be more cost effective to do a complete swap to a platform with more aftermarket support.

·
Illegal Alien
5,259 Posts
William talk to Phil at BOE. The ecu is very powerful and when his fast works unlocks it you should have a better solution than aftermarket systems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts