The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have question is there an easy way to slightly adjust the idle speed on Evora or do you need specialized software and hand unit to do so and where would I find that . Im running around 550 and id really like it to be at 650 , 700 mark for a little faster throddle response..
Thx

·
Registered
474 Posts
I believe the ECU program controls idle speed (depending on driving mode selected), as is common with all current, autos with electronic management......? Whether dealer can adjust via Tech Centre tie-in, don't know......(would doubt)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i know that ECU controls the electronic throttle...but like all cars theres software you can buy to log into the ODB port and adjust and tune..and thats what i was asking...is that available? Or for just a slight adjustment is all im looking for or has anyone dare mess with the idle stop screw on the throttle body..which is taboo..and how wouod you get the ECU to not recognize that so it doesnt trie to readjust itself

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6sp
617 Posts
You'd need a reflash for that

·
Registered
597 Posts
If your idle really is that low, something is broken. You should expect the computer to throw a code if idle is >100rpm below the setpoint, so you may want to confirm the tachometer is reading correctly first. FYI warm idle, AC off, is 640 for Evora and 680 for Evora S.

·
Illegal Alien
5,153 Posts
Well i know that ECU controls the electronic throttle...but like all cars theres software you can buy to log into the ODB port and adjust and tune..and thats what i was asking...is that available? Or for just a slight adjustment is all im looking for or has anyone dare mess with the idle stop screw on the throttle body..which is taboo..and how wouod you get the ECU to not recognize that so it doesnt trie to readjust itself
Lotus uses an encrypted code in their ECU's, you cannot just plug in to port and change. Very few programmers have broken in. A few European groups have gotten into the tables to may adjustments to fuel trims, etc., while BOE Fabrication of Kansas City has fully accessed the code. But your problem is something more basic, and probably a sensor or mechanical issue providing false info to the ECU; a Lotus dealer will need to investigate your low idle, unless it's not low, but rather the gauge.

Reactions: West-of-Hethel

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Appreciate that, Ill try and clean the throttle body it might be that but I do run lower than 640 but the guage might be off too.. I just wondered if there was an easier way to turn it up slightly without all the hassell.. I guess not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts