The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

What's in the works for the 08 S 240 ECU? I don't see any pertinent products on your site yet. TIA - john.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
240-265 upgrade is the only thing i offer at the moment.
Which one is that on your site and what does it entail? TIA - john

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Another one for you Charlie, if you would please oblige.

My local tuner (Who is a Unichip dealer/tuner) says that tuning the Unichipd elise is a waste of money because the ECU will learn it out within a few hundred miles.

Is this unichip totally useless? Why is it even there if the ECU changes everything back? Is there a way to stop the ECU from making its own changes?

Ive searched but I really dont see anything for unichiped FF275s.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
I haven't uploaded the 240 tune onto my webpage, since its so new, no ones asked for it yet until now.

The old Unichip had issues with retrim, but ForcedFed started using the UniChip Q a while ago and from what i understand its much better, though still a piggyback, one guy told me about the Q not performing as well as expected, but i don't know what it was related too, Casey at FF would be the guy to ask.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I haven't uploaded the 240 tune onto my webpage, since its so new, no ones asked for it yet until now.

The old Unichip had issues with retrim, but ForcedFed started using the UniChip Q a while ago and from what i understand its much better, though still a piggyback, one guy told me about the Q not performing as well as expected, but i don't know what it was related too, Casey at FF would be the guy to ask.
The guy I talked to at FF basically just said "Get the EFI....the unichip sucks and theres nothing we can do about it"

Would your ECU system do the job for me? Or would your ECU+unichip make the tune stick?

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Uhh well if FF said that then i don't have to be nice about it anymore i guess.

Depends what you're looking for , if you want to tinker with it get a standalone like the EFI, if you don't a reflash will work fine.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Uhh well if FF said that then i don't have to be nice about it anymore i guess.

Depends what you're looking for , if you want to tinker with it get a standalone like the EFI, if you don't a reflash will work fine.
Good to hear, Ill contact you soon as I get wifey permission ;)

Should be a few weeks rotfl

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Unfortunately my thread got highjacked with irrelevant questions - once again, what does the S 240 ECU upgrade entail? Do you sell a replacement unit or do I need to mail in the stock unit and have it altered? -TIA - john.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Sorry John, missed the Q, you can either provide a spare ECU or send me the one from the car, to the best of my knowledge the 08 240 ECUs are physically identical to the Late model 07's, it'd probably cost around 800-900 for a replacement ecu from the dealer.

Currently i do open up the ecu's which have a tamperproof plate on the back, i do not cut the sides of the ECU like the other guys do though, but it is noticeably altered when removed from the car.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Unfortunately my thread got highjacked with irrelevant questions - once again, what does the S 240 ECU upgrade entail? Do you sell a replacement unit or do I need to mail in the stock unit and have it altered? -TIA - john.
Sorry about that, thought your question was answered.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts