The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been meaning to ask. Does the aluminum in the car get flesh searing hot in the summer? I had an aluminum shift knob like on the Lotus in my Evo and it got friggin hot! Same with my G35 Coupe. It has an aluminum strip on the shift knob which burns. Just wanted to ask about the tons of exposed aluminum.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I have not noticed it. If it was a problem at all... shower cap from Sector 111.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I have not felt the aluminum get hot. The black leather seats, yes, but not the aluminum.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Randy Chase said:
I have not noticed it. If it was a problem at all... shower cap from Sector 111.
Do you feel comfortable (read secure) leaving your car parked withe the cap only?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Alos, FYI,
You can discern no heat from the rear bulkhead, insulation is exc. there.

I find most of the heat comes into the cabin from the top front grilles, wraps around and comes in the windows, not a real big deal tho.
Chris

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Babak,
I'll leave it parked for brief periods with windows up and top off. Alarm will be triggered when people try to reach in.
Chris

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
zvezdah1 said:

I find most of the heat comes into the cabin from the top front grilles, wraps around and comes in the windows, not a real big deal tho.
Chris
Makes sense, dirty air and the heat off the radiator

1 - 7 of 7 Posts