The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have used Klasse, what do you usually apply after you wash the car? Do you apply the all-in-one (red bottle) by itself or both the all-in-one followed by the Sealant glaze (gray bottle)?

Is the idea that the sealant just gives longer lasting protection and deeper shine?
Thanks

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
For the first time, you would want to use AIO followed by the sealant glaze.

All-in-One is a chemical cleaner with some protection (acrylic) properties. It will remove anything underneath it, whether it is carnauba wax, polymer sealant, or otherwise. You wouldn't use this product every time you wash, but rather when cleaning is desired such as before topping with a carnauba or sealant glaze. It also has some protection properties, but most people tend to top it rather than leaving it alone.

You can add another layer of sealant glaze every time you wash, but it isn't required. Probably an easier and more practical approach is to wipe it down with some kind of quick detailing spray. If you wish to add more layers later, then don't use anything with carnauba it in. If you want something specifically for Klasse, you might try Sonus Acrylic Spritz.

Yes, the idea of sealants are to give longer lasting protection as compared to natural products like carnauba, however it is my opinion that they do not give a deeper shine. They tend to give a more reflective shine. Nick @ Detailer's Paradise therefore prefers to start with a synthetic sealant and top with a carnauba wax.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Not me. ;) Apparently it is pronounced just like Porsche (Pore-shuh).

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I just put a coat of Klasse AIO on a dark silver car this weekend, and I have to say it went on very easily -- much less removal work than Zaino.

I skipped the Klasse High Gloss coat this time because last time it left a number of subtle smear/haze marks that were difficult to really get out. These aren't the leftover wax smears that are easy to see, but more like an oily sheen that shows only in direct sunlight. Maybe I did it wrong.

Anyway, I'm curious to see how the Klasse by itself holds up, just as an experiment.

So far, nothing I've tried comes close to Zaino for longevity, but Klasse is so much cheaper and easier that I'd love to see it do well.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
I'm not that experienced with the Sealant Glaze, but I'm told you should apply it with a terry or microfiber applicator (no foam) in thin coats. Then, if you are having trouble taking it off, you can use a little sealant glaze, perhaps dilluted in a small sprayer, as a quick detailer to help you take it off. Or you can use an actual quick detailer spray.

Anyway, Nick probably has some better advice for you there.

As I know a place that sells it locally, I might buy a bottle of my own just to try it out. If anyone has heard of Menzerna Full Molecular Jacket and their polishes (used on German OEM production lines), and I trying that this weekend.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Unless you have an uber-clean surface, you will want to start with the AIO. I normally do AIO anyway since it is so easy to use. I tend to apply both AIO and SG with the PC. This weekend I worked on an Audi S8. Using the PC I did einszett PP/UPP mixed 75/25 with an orange pad to remove swirls. I followed with MP with a white pad to clear up the light hazing.

I did a coat of AIO applied with a white pad followed by a coat of SG with a black finishing pad. It is true SG can be a pain to work with, so here are a few tips.

If using a PC, work the SG until it seems to start to haze over. Do a small section at a time.

Move to the next small section and overlap the first slightly.

Let it dry for at least 45 minutes. Longer if you are in a humid environment.

Use two MF towels for removal. The first towel should have a dry side and a soon-to-be-wet side. Spritz a small area of the paint with a light mist of either detailing spray or water. I like to use distilled water in a 2 oz fine mist spray bottle. Wipe the area down. Flip the towel over to the dry side and remove any residue. Continue until the entire car is free of SG.

Now go back to where you started and use your dry towel to buff off any oily residue or streaks. Your first step should have removed 90% of the SG. When you are done, the paint should be very reflective and slick.

For best results, wait 24 hours before you apply another coat of SG or a layer of carnauba.

Here is a picture of the Audi from Sunday's project.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Thanks for the tips!

Next time I will try the AIO and SG as suggested. I wasn't using any moistner for removal, just several dry MF towels. Something lubricative might have helped get the haze off.

I would have never thought to try dilluted glaze to remove residue swirls. Interesting!

The nice thing about the Klasse products is that I don't feel bad using enough product to wet a PC pad.

I applied both with a white pad, and will try the black (Griott's?) pad next time.

·
Registered
2005 elise touring ardent red
608 Posts
detailing spray

so far from this lotus forum i have discovered Ps21 wax, plexus plastic spray and Rejex....now i am wondering if there is a favorite Detailing Spray that people use. I know Eagle- One is probably the most commercially known but anyone know of a better one?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts