The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tim,

Since you did not order the touring package, I have a favor to ask from you. Please let me know if there is any soundproofing in the engine compartment like the one in the attached photo from an Elise with Touring Package (see that black and white flocked shell).

Attachments

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I'll check tonight...

Tim Mullen

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>Since you did not order the touring package, I have a favor to ask from you. Please let me know if there is any soundproofing in the engine compartment like the one in the attached photo from an Elise with Touring Package (see that black and white flocked shell).<<<

Whether that pad is there or not...it's pretty minimal sound proofing.

Stan

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
It could be effective though at attenuating transmitted sound from the inner metal to the other metal wall.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I checked last night (still no pictures), and mine (non-touring) looks exactly the same (except the paint is orange)...

Tim Mullen

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
so how much do you think that soundproofing piece weighs? LOL

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>It could be effective though at attenuating transmitted sound from the inner metal to the other metal wall.<<<

I guess it depends on what you mean by effective. It might be hard to tell a difference if you drive the car with / without it.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I tried to post this yesterday, but I had the wrong photo. Here's the same are on my non-touring car. Looks the same to me...

Attachments

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
smura said:
We had a fast one pulled on us by lotus. The tour pack is a sham!
No, the insulation is just somewhere else (probably on the inside of the car). Then again, I didn't order the Touring Pack...:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts