The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've got a couple of questions.

1) After a dealer puts in an order with Lotus for your car, how much time do you have to change the order? For example, if I were #20 at a dealership and originally put in one color, could I still change it to another color? If the dealer doesn't have a VIN, has the car even been built yet?

2) Assuming that I am #20 and chose both Touring and LSS for my car, when do you think it would arrive best case scenario and worse case scenario?

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
I'm not sure how the options changing works, but as it is now, you are probably just a name in the computer. When I was thinking of changing my options, my salesperson told me to give him the new specs, and he would call Lotus. He was not positive if they would change it, but it was worth a shot. I never found out the answer, because I decided to stay put.

So perhaps you should give your dealer your new specs and ask them to try.

When the car arrives is anyone's guess and depends on your dealer's allocation. By December is a safe bet, but we will know for sure by August 1st. I'm waiting till then to ask my dealer about delivery.

·
Lotus Sales
629 Posts
Order Change

Hey Later Apex,
I just changed an order for one of my clients yesterday on a car that already has a Lotus order number. He is actually #19 on our list. I found out that the order actually gets cancelled and then reordered but in the same batch of cars. In other words, it goes to the back of the line in that production run and in this case causing a 3 week deley in delivery. I hope that helps answer your question.....................

Attachments

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Hi Mark,
Thanks for clearing that up. Do you know when that customer's car was scheduled to arrive?

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Mark:

What exactly is a production run? Is that the first 10 cars that they took orders for? Or they determine that they will do one run of x number of cars for a scheduled time period, order the parts, and then do another production run?

My dealer said they will me when the car is shipped over from England and on the boat, but when I asked what the build number was, they couldnt tell me. English states that 250 cars have been made- If their are 39 dealers then the first 6 people at all of the dealers have had their cars built and that 16 of of 39 of the people who are #7 have had their cars made, assuming that everything is done evenly.

I am number 7 at my dealership, so I guess it means that there is about a 45% chance that my car is done? Or do you think allocation might play a factor. Is my car made yet or am I DOOMED?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts