The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone. I am new to the Lotus scene and just beginning some due diligence in regards to getting a new Evora.

I have come across what appears to be a pretty good deal on a new 2012 S that I'm considering. Are there any meaningful differences that you're aware of between the 2012 S and the 2013 S (manual)? If not, then I'm strongly inclined to pursue this opportunity.

I'd appreciate your thoughts....

·
Illegal Alien
5,258 Posts
2012 to 2013 differences are insignificant, if any. Early 2012’s (I have 1st delivered to customer in USA) have the 100 some changes, lots of interior fit and finish and more mechanical tweaks (refer to list pulled from Lotus Parts Manual). Later 2012’s and all 2013’s share a new style steering wheel, battery box cover outside of carpeting, remove of interior dock lock “sticks” .. about it.

“(Supercharged with Intelligent Precision Shift). (Non USA): August 2011
VIN character 10 = C Serial number restarts at 0001, common to all.
VIN character 7 indicates the engine specification.
T = naturally aspirated (Manual or IPS).
S = supercharged (Manual or S with IPS transmission) variants.

Body styling: Unchanged with the following exceptions: Door mirror covers: All supercharged
models will retain Phantom Black painted covers (Lotus code C123 Cromax
Pro painting system) as standard. Exterior door handles: The chrome option has been
deleted with only body coloured options available. Diffuser panel: The diffuser panel
fitted to the supercharged manual vehicle is also fitted to the S with IPS transmission
option to accommodate distinctive diffuser finisher and tri-oval tailpipe silencer. Badges: The ‘S’ logo will also be applied to the rear bumper on the S with IPS transmission
option. Front bumper: To accommodate the rationalisation of the engine and transmission
oil cooler arrangements, the side intake apertures on the front bumper are
revised to accept new front grilles and inlet ducts. The grilles are now bolted to the
bumper with the corresponding LH/RH ducts located behind them being closed off if
an oil cooler is not required on that side. Rear lamp bezels: Supercharged vehicles
will have black bezels; naturally aspirated vehicles will continue to use the existing
chrome versions.

Seats: New leather seat colours are available dependant on interior pack option
selected (Base, Executive Premium or Sports Premium). Ebony black, Ivory white,
Venom red, Cognac brown, Imperial blue, Cocoa brown, Ash brown. Rear seats and
relevant interior trims are coloured to match.

Interior trims: A new colour (dark grey) introduced in addition to the current grey option,
beige colour trim is deleted for ‘12 model year. Specific interior trims are coloured8u8uu
black to denote ‘Supercharged’ variant.

In Car Entertainment: For specific markets the Alpine IVA-W520R 2 DIN Mobile Media
Station is replaced with the Pioneer AVIC-930BT 2 DIN head unit.

Exhaust: An exhaust silencer incorporating an EP (Engine Protection) valve is now
be fitted to all ‘12MY vehicles as standard equipment. Catalytic converters: The main/
under-floor catalytic converter is deleted and replaced with a link pipe.

Engine cooling: Oil cooling for both supercharged manual and IPS transmission vehicles
is rationalised with the fitment of only a single larger engine oil cooler mounted ahead
of RH front wheelarch. Transmission fluid cooling: Both supercharged and naturally
aspirated IPS transmission vehicles is also rationalised with the fitment of a single
larger transmission fluid oil cooler mounted ahead of LH front wheel arch.

Brake and Power Assisted Steering pipes: fitted to the RH have been revised to allow
for the fitment of an additional cooler hose and revised cooler arrangement.

Manual Transmission: The standard ratio gearbox option is deleted for naturally aspirated
vehicles, and the sports ratio gearbox is now fitted as standard.

Brake Discs: Cross drilled brake discs fitted to all supercharged models as standard
equipment. Brake Callipers: Red painted callipers replace the black coloured option
and are fitted as standard to all supercharged vehicles or included in the ‘Sports Pack’
option for naturally aspirated vehicles. Bare metal callipers are fitted as standard to
naturally aspirated vehicles.

Suspension Wishbones and rear anti-roll bars: ’12 model year IPS and S with IPS
transmission vehicles are fitted with the ‘S’ type wishbones and larger diameter rear
anti-roll bar. This will also be implemented as a production running change to naturally
aspirated manual vehicles at a later date.”

Optional Wheels: New Front 19” Rear 20” Forged wheels are available in both Gloss
Black and Stealth Grey which are based on the 19”/20” alloy Diamond Cut designs
launched with the Evora S but without the machined faces which are now deleted.
See Technical Service Bulletin TSB 2011/25 for further details.

Introduction of the ‘12 MY Federal Evora range and S with IPS transmission
(Supercharged with Intelligent Precision Shift: February 2012
VIN character 10 = C Serial number starts at CH_10089
VIN character 7 indicates the engine specification.
T = naturally aspirated (Manual or IPS).
S = supercharged (Manual or S with IPS transmission) variants.

New features and specifications for ‘12MY Federal Evora are similar to those of ‘12MY
non-USA one major difference is that the main/under-floor catalytic converter is NOT
deleted or replaced with a link pipe.
See Technical Service Bulletin TSB 2012/02 for further details.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hi, everyone. I am new to the Lotus scene and just beginning some due diligence in regards to getting a new Evora.

I have come across what appears to be a pretty good deal on a new 2012 S that I'm considering. Are there any meaningful differences that you're aware of between the 2012 S and the 2013 S (manual)? If not, then I'm strongly inclined to pursue this opportunity.

I'd appreciate your thoughts....
I like your thinking, The six spped manual is the way to go. A 20012 or 2013 would be a great car. Go for the one that you like the most (Color and options).
Ron:shift:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Get the manual. It's just way more fun. I got the IPS because I live in bumper to bumper traffic and my commute, short as it is (5 km) can be brutal, but it's way more liveable with an auto. I wish I had a stick.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
i had a decent drive in a manual & th foot box was not all the pain the magazines said. it was a nice shifter imo.

i do really like my IPS though & am having fun shifting it and left foot braking

1 - 7 of 7 Posts