The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would think the lack of rearward visibility would be freaky. Especially after I was just rear ended in my Pathfinder.

This does not bother you guys at all? Does multivex help make up for it at all?

·
Registered
36 Posts
You get used to it. My 06 had a camera, but I only used it backing up--not changing lanes, etc. My 07S does not, and I hardly notice the difference.

Terry

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Doesn't bother me at all. Have 15,000 miles on my Exige S with no issues.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Multivex is definitely the way to go - best possible safety mod for the highway - you can see behind the car and all of your lateral blind areas when they're aimed right. I don't let people tailgate me - I just get out of their way. I'm terrified of being rear ended! Look at it this way - you'll never need to clean the rear window.
-john.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Multivex is definitely the way to go - best possible safety mod for the highway - you can see behind the car and all of your lateral blind areas when they're aimed right. I don't let people tailgate me - I just get out of their way. I'm terrified of being rear ended! Look at it this way - you'll never need to clean the rear window.
-john.
You can see pretty much everything behind the car with the multivex's? Seems like it would be impossible to see all you could with a rearview. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
You can see pretty much everything behind the car with the multivex's? Seems like it would be impossible to see all you could with a rearview. :shrug:

If your worried, just get a camera and that solves the problem.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
-john.
+1,000

The curvature of the multivex mirrors lets you see quite a bit. I actually feel I have better visibility around my Exige S than around my Audi S4 with a perfectly functional rear view mirror.

Two minor problems exist:

1) Merging at an angle from the left... it's hard to see traffic at a distance on the right rear quarter

2) Reversing... you can't see what's immediately behind you (within a few feet).

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
It definitely takes a little to get used to...that being said, I have multivex mirrors on my workbench TBI (to be installed).

The multivex people said there was a huge backorder (via email), however I received them pretty fast even for a regular order.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It definitely takes a little to get used to...that being said, I have multivex mirrors on my workbench TBI (to be installed).

The multivex people said there was a huge backorder (via email), however I received them pretty fast even for a regular order.
Same here.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I hit a rock with my previous car when backing up. Since then I'm very anxious if I cannot see what's directly behind me. Also high curbs can destroy your diffusor by backing up to a parking lot. Therefore I installed a camera and to be honest I used it more often in the beginning. But even today I don't want to miss it in certain circumstances ... in Germany we have less space for driving and parking ;)

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Also...learn to pull through spaces so you can pull directly out and not worry about backing up as often. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts