The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'd welcome any ideas you have on this.

A friend is about to buy a Lotus Elise. As you can imagine she's rather excited.

Its her (35th) birthday soon and I'm wondering whether to buy her something Lotus related as a present. Gift price range = $100-$200 (£75 - £150 ish).

Any ideas???

Thanks for any thoughts you come up with!

Andrew
(London)

·
Registered
954 Posts
If you have any tracks nearby, a voucher for a one-day event with a local organization would likely fall in that price range. Perfect for a new Lotus owner.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Well it depends on what she's into.

There are some very nice hardcover books about the Elise:

The Official Story Continues

and

Lotus Elise

I would also say, the the JADI Die cast model (can get on Ebay) in her car's color:

But yes, a track day voucher would be great.

Another neat thing would be a GPS unit (Garmin) or perhaps a radar detector (Passport 9500 or Valentine), but they are a bit more than you want to spend.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
What is your relationship to her? I would rather have something lotus related, but there aren't a lot of things under $200, in terms of upgrades. Maybe a moderately priced radar detector, or a pair of really nice sunglasses (trust me, she will love you for those). Or A <favorite_color>car cover

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
If she does extended periods of driving, this:

·
Registered
297 Posts
If she's new to owning a nice car/exotic (like i was) then washing and detailing supplies would work for your price range, and will definitely be needed. Some nice microfibers, spray detail, sheepskin wash mitt, waffle dry towel, and two buckets (one with grit guard).

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
This may seem unthoughtful but if her local dealer offers gift certificates I'd go that route. Every Lotus needs parts and some are painfully overpriced, especially if you've just spent a lot acquiring the car.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
There are Lotus shirts, Jackets, Hats, Pen Sets and T-shirts available on E-Bay. Most of them fit within your price range.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
If you are going with a gift card, get her a Visa gift card.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
If you want to make her like you: Jewelry.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
triple - A with towing ;) Oh, and Puma speedcats ;)

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,748 Posts
Umm... a sector 111 trunk bootie so all the junk in her trunk doesn't break the rear clam?

But if you want her to like you get jewelry like lotusespritse said!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Umm... a sector 111 trunk bootie so all the junk in her trunk doesn't break the rear clam?

But if you want her to like you get jewelry like lotusespritse said!
I think she knows not to site on her rear clam -poke-

1 - 20 of 31 Posts