The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Terry
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since my last visit to lotustalk, it feels good to be back!

Anyways, I'm currently in the market looking for an Evora, and one of them has this leak underneath.

The technician who did the PPI reported it as "power steering pump hose leak."

I just need a second opinion to make sure I am not dealing with anything bigger than that.

Could anyone please help me identify what leak this could be and how costly would it be to repair?

Thank you for looking and I can't wait to own an Evora.

Terry

IMG_2671.JPG IMG_2672.JPG IMG_2674.JPG IMG_2673.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Looks like a PS leak. I had to replace that specific hose a few years ago due to me not tightening the banjo bolt enough. The hose rotated slightly, which then made contact with the driveshaft. Needless to say, it made quite the mess once it burned a hole through.

It's a vehicle-specific part, and at the time, none of the US dealers had one, so I took mine to a local hydraulic shop that makes custom hoses and had one built. Half the cost and only an hour turn-around.

The part you're looking for is C132H0012F, but DeRoure says it's been replaced with D132H0012F, which I can't imagine would fit, since that's the reservoir return-side hose, and doesn't have the banjo fitting.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I agree that the way to go is to find a local place that can fabricate hydraulic hoses with fittings- if you take the hose off they can just make a copy. This is where I get hoses made for my various projects- I would look for somewhere similar near you.

·
Registered
357 Posts
My local NAPA store will cut the old fitting off and re-use it on a new hose with new crimp ring thingie.

After having experienced a catastrophic failure on a Lotus hose end, I would not drive that until it was fixed.

·
Terry
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I am curious as well. There seems to be a few drips in the picture above this one as well. I hope it's just power steering leak. Any thought?

·
Registered
519 Posts
It looks more like really dirty engine oil. But it’s odd. Looks like it’s dropped there after the tray was removed (if something was dripping that much it would be everywhere)

Maybe they took a sample of engine oil for analysis? Don’t know if that’s a thing.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Jacking the car on the frame is a really bad idea. The aluminum has a lot of torsional strength but can be easily deformed.

There can be a lot of condensation around the exhaust. That mixed with soot that accumulates around the tail pipe can look like oil and this can drip back under the car. I wonder if that is what the black stuff is in the picture?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts