The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the delays, lack of official communication, etc. what would you do to ensure a succesful promotional launch of the Elise in the US and overall customer satisfaction?

Thoughts????

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
get the cars here on time! So people know when to expect them. So everyone can see them up close and personal.

Have all brochures available: specs, options, colors, packages, etc.

But before all this. UPDATE THE SITE FIRST!!! with all options and COLORS!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I agree an updated site is a must. They could at least have a message board that they could post updates, status, etc. which would alleviate a lot of headache for us all.

In reality it wouldn't require a lot of work to update the site....heck with all the delays they have had plenty of time to make the changes and one web designed could do it in a matter of days.

I think they need to work with their dealers more, educate them on the car, the situation etc. They are our main source of contact and seem to be woefully unaware of what is going on.

Definitely dealer maintance is a concern for many, thankfully you and I Shay are near major dealers and shouldn't have a problem getting service. I notice many customers will be in remote areas without support.

That's a tough one.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I think a lot of the anger , angst etc will go away when the cars finally start getting into private hands, no doubt the info flow will improve as well>
Chris

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Jasonv44 said:
Yes, I agree an updated site is a must. They could at least have a message board that they could post updates, status, etc. which would alleviate a lot of headache for us all.
An official forum? Noooooo. CLOSING THREAD. :)

A bad idea for a car company to have a two way forum, IMO.

The problem is not the site either. The information only trickles out, and that is how it goes.

They do seem to have this method of making sure people know the data, it's just not official which bothers some.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Randy Chase said:
An official forum?
An official Lotus forum? Hmm. That worked out well,didn't it! :D ;)
What ever happen to Lotus Admin? :confused:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Last Visit
2004-04-20 10:28:59

·
Registered
345 Posts
"what would you do to ensure a succesful promotional launch of the Elise in the US and overall customer satisfaction? "

One word - Communication.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Allow an employee to officially be able to post on this forum and answer questions.

Doubt it would happen, but that is what I would do.

The other stuff I already wrote about, the updated build list online, etc.

Much of the rest is not going to be fixed, cars will come when they can.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Get the dealers under control and look up the word 'professionalism' in the dictionary!!!

If BMW can write me 3-4 letters a year then Lotus can write me one or two.

:(

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I did bring up the offer to use Etalk as a conduit of official info when I talked with English a few weeks back, undertandably they want to work with the dealers and keep them as main source for info which is fair enough as they do have a business relationship with them>
Chris

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
...want to work with the dealers and keep them as main source for info which is fair enough as they do have a business relationship with them>
Yeah well, hey! Good luck with that!

:p

·
Registered
219 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
I did bring up the offer to use Etalk as a conduit of official info when I talked with English a few weeks back, undertandably they want to work with the dealers and keep them as main source for info which is fair enough as they do have a business relationship with them>
Chris
Which is fine with me and I can respect that, but I'd better not hear one (more) word from them b*tching about rumors, then.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I contacted my dealer on Monday and was told that they do not have the build info on cars to be produced this summer and do not know when my car will be built. But they were expecting an update later this week.

The dealer has an e-mail list and could send me updates, but so far that hasn't happened.

I think that Lotus is naive to expect the dealer network to provide all the info. Lotus easily could provide some info on the official website, if only x number of cars have been built to date and x number have been shipped.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I too don't have a problem with the dealers being the main source of information...IF THEY ACTUALLY HAD INFORMATION!

By FAR more info seems to come from the members of this board!

Sorry, getting rather grumpy about the delays and lack of communication by Lotus. IMO it's starting to become unprofessional and is causing a lot of doubts about future service.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts