The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey it's my first post.... Anyway I've been lurking around and reading the forum and you guys seem to know quite a bit about these cars. Imagine that, people on a Lotus forum know about Lotus cars!! Haha, anyway can you guys give me an idea of what to look for in an 05 or 06? Like what can I expect to go wrong, from what I've been reading it seems these cars are an absolute blast to drive but about as fragile as a piece of glass. Is that accurate? Should I expect to have the car in the shop all the time fixing little things, or is it just a little exagerated on here? I'm thinking I'm gonna try to find an 06 that way I will still have a year left of warranty in case anything were to go wrong. Thanks in advance for all of the helpful advice on this!!

·
Registered
4,117 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the reply, I did see that, I'll have to print that off and take it with me to know what to look for. So are there more of these problems with the 05's than the 06's? Usually the first year out you run into some problems that are usually worked out by the next year. Just wondering if that's the case with these, I've seen a lot of people mention problems with the 05's but not as many with the 06's. Anyone that has any info on that I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
So are there more of these problems with the '05s than the '06s? Usually the first year out you run into some problems that are usually worked out by the next year.
No, there were no major problems with the '05s. The shifter was changed and fixed under a recall. That was about it. In fact, the '06s switched to a throttle by wire and that had a few problems in the beginning that the '05s didn't.

Reliability wise, there really isn't any difference between '05s and the later cars.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
No, there were no major problems with the '05s. The shifter was changed and fixed under a recall. That was about it. In fact, the '06s switched to a throttle by wire and that had a few problems in the beginning that the '05s didn't.

Reliability wise, there really isn't any difference between '05s and the later cars.
Right on! Get one! :D

Toyota engine - very reliable!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts