The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm on to the next step in upgrading my 2006 Elise. I've have read several old threads about replacing the OEM parts. Can someone shed some info on which I should go with? My case use is canyon and backroad driving, track day maybe once or twice a year. I'll contact the shops for info tomorrow but for now would like you guys' opinions. I'm confused as to which is applicable for me, and which is just overkill.

I see these options:

GRP:
BOE Toe Link kit: $240
SSC Rear Toe Link brace kit: $895

Inokinetic:
Rear Toe Link Brace $820
RTD Brace $400 (sold out)
RTD2 Brace $650 (sold out)
DS Brace $300
Rear Toe Link kit Single Shear $570

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,848 Posts
I have enormous trust in BOE and that price is very good.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have enormous trust in BOE and that price is very good.
I notice that the more expensive SSC kit includes the bar. Do you think I need it?
And is the BOE kit difficult to install in the garage?
Thanks,

Edit: BOE full kit is $375. The price of $240 is only for 1/2 kit.

·
Premium Member
11,848 Posts
You have to widen a hole IIRC. Website has instructions. I'd use regular, less expensive one.

·
Administrator
1,417 Posts
You left off BWR. They have great products as well! My car is a mix of Inokentic, BWR and custom rear double shear.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
81 Posts
DS Brace from Inokinetic uses stock-diameter bolt and so doesn’t force you to drill out the bushing and enlarge the hole in the frame (that was why i chose it -no permanent mods). I have it and recently replaced my A-arm bushings (BWR self-lubricating bushings), and there’s no added complication of having to mess with a different sized bushing, or drilling one out.

·
Registered
357 Posts
All of the avalble kits will work and be stronger/safer then stock. The real differences is in how LONG they will last, the bearings...
some units are more track focus that will require replacements annually or at least at a high frequency (you replace a lot of stuff often on a track car...) Others will require less fussing with the install, such as drilling and what not.
imo, the kit that wil require the least amount of work after i install it is the winner for me. As far as I am aware there is only one manucfactuer that offers a warentee on the bearings, regarless of usage, Spitfire Engineering.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,246 Posts
DSbrace will work great for your use. If you have the factory Track Pack, our TLUkit will be the smart upgrade. RTDbraces will be back in stock early next week - they are being kitted up now. Call to discuss and we are happy to discuss the pros and cons...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts