The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my opinion, Lotus makes mistake in offering n/a on elise while the rest of line up are SC (Elise SC, Exige S, and S 240). And with no so much price difference, buyers will get at least Elise SC (at least I would if I am buying new Lotus), but I don't work in dealership, so I don't know.

So for dealers, if you don't mind sharing, what's your sales number so far for 08 n/a vs SC? Is SC dominating?

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
I'll chime in.......

I was shocked. I expected there to be absolutely no demand for NA 2008 Elise and only initially ordered SCs. We are now heading into the heavy sales season and we have nearly as many orders for NA Elise as SC ones. There is a $8,000 price difference and for first time Lotus owners, many don't see the need to go into a Sc model. When considering this, I would look to Ford with the Mustang. Ford sells many more V6 models than GTs.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
And MINI sells a ton of normally aspirated MINI's in addition to the 'S.' The average person isn't going to visually notice the difference, or even care.

Driving dynamics are similar, and can be made the same through options. Just less horsepower.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
8k for 30hp, for most people this is not worth it, or not obviously so.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do they test drive both versions before deciding? I think once you drive SC, you never want to go back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts