The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow ... only one month to go until some of us will be attending the Los Angeles Auto Show on January 2nd for the official unveiling of the federalized Elise.

I would venture to guess that many of us hope to have lots of our questions answered at this event. [However, based on the Lotus track record so far, I would anticipate that some things will continue to remain shrouded in mystery].

So ... how about posting those burning questions and we will see how many can be addressed at the show.

Inquiring minds want to know:

1) How do Saffron Yellow and Bordeaux Red Pearl look in person?
[Yes, I'm assuming/hoping that these two colors will be there]

Your turn!!

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
1.) What is the actual dry weight of the car?

2.) Will there be a disable switch for the airbags?

3.) What type of warranty should we expect?

4.) Will ordering chrome orange delay delivery of the vehicle?

5.) Will black wheels be an option?

6.) What are the real-world performance figures of the car (e.g. not the ones estimated by auto mags)?

7.) When will dealerships start receiving cars, and will production be going full force right away? Any word on how many cars each dealership might be allocated in the first month?

8.) How much lighter (if at all) are the wheels included with the LSS option? Will they be available in black?

9.) Are there any plans to create further "Authorized service centers" in order to make servicing easier for customers who live 4+ hours from a dealership?

10.) When will deposit holders be expected to finalize our orders?

I have more and not all of the above questions even concern me, but I was trying to look out for everyone ;)

I'll post more as I think of them if nobody else covers them.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I think Randy is already planning to have a close look at tire clearance in the front, I'll be curious to hear about that.

Of course we want details about options and their prices, if that information isn't released before.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Here's a few:

Will Type 25 or Stripes be an option?

Will we have a six speaker sound system (the Fed car in a recent review seemed to have this)?

What will the LSS wheels look like?

How is the ride of the LSS car?

What interior color options will we have?

What will the full leather option entail?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
When will the dealerships have the first cars and how is the distribution being handled?
Are ALL the dealerships going to get customers cars from the first shipment?

Will LSS delay delivery ?

·
Registered
670 Posts
jml1952 said:

So ... how about posting those burning questions and we will see how many can be addressed at the show.

1) How come this car is so cheap ? You should charge more for it.

2) What !!!! No cupholders, no wonder it's cheap.

3) Can you give me the phone number of that model please ?

4) OK, how about the other model then ?

5) Does Lotus really mean "Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious" ?

6) What day is my car coming in ?

7) Any models anywhere ?????

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Questions for LA Auto Show

Sownman said:
1) How come this car is so cheap ? You should charge more for it.

2) What !!!! No cupholders, no wonder it's cheap.

3) Can you give me the phone number of that model please ?

4) OK, how about the other model then ?

5) Does Lotus really mean "Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious" ?

6) What day is my car coming in ?

7) Any models anywhere ?????
We can answer most of these now.

1) Some dealers are charging more. Contact one in the San Francisco Bay area for more details.

2) No response required.

3) No.

4) No.

5) In the past, yes. Presently, not really.

6) When it gets here.

7) We will let you know.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Video tape possible?

I'm about to start a new job next week and my not be able to make it for the LA show.

Can I ask someone with a ditigal video recorder to record the Lotus exhibit and post it on the board for those who can't go to the show? Please?!! :confused:

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
adamant said:
When will the dealerships have the first cars and how is the distribution being handled?
Are ALL the dealerships going to get customers cars from the first shipment?
From what Scottsdale Lotus told me today, their first allocation will consist of 12 cars for the first twelve people on line. The second allocation will be a few weeks after than. Being number 15 on the list, I've been told to expect the car aroumd May-June.

The dealer will be calling those who've placed deposits sometime in January. At this time, they'll finalize color, options, and then submit the order.

I imagine we'll find get the final offical information (price,options, specs, etc.) at the LA show in early January and shortly thereafter, dealer's will be placing the orders in.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
_JD_ said:
It would be great if you could find out about the intake option and the availability of the wider fronts w/o the LSS option.
Tks.:)
Sorry, but what do you want to know about the intake option?

·
Registered
81 Posts
To answer a few.
The sports package is the only way to get the wider tyres as the suspensions is set up for them.
IF you interested in the sports touring package, which includes forged rims, revalved suspension and the A048 tyres IMHO go for it. It is always cheaper to go with the standard suspention down the road and it is limited in production. It will be available as far as I know from aftersales if you decide not to get it up front.
Not sure on the intake yet but some cars have had them. From what I understand it won't fly in England b/c of the MOT test but will work here... very nice when the cams come alive:rolleyes:
Prices for the packages will be announced @ the show from what I understand. The official launch will be in LA and the show will run from the 2nd-11 of January this year. Anything else should be available at the show. Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Someone mentioned models. Elise models. We have them in laser blue, ardent red, and yellow. you can order them via your dealer and they are 24.95 plus shipping.
LOTMOD0072
LOTMOD0073
LOTMOD0074
right hand drive only

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Lotusmonza said:
Someone mentioned models. Elise models. We have them in laser blue, ardent red, and yellow. you can order them via your dealer and they are 24.95 plus shipping.
LOTMOD0072
LOTMOD0073
LOTMOD0074
right hand drive only
Chrome Orange? :p

Am I going to have to get the COM after you?

·
Registered
81 Posts
my favorite colours are...
Chrome Orange
Aztec Bronze
Ardent Red
Saffron Yellow
and one I just saw today...
Storm Titanium .... WOW!
between the silver and the current gunmetal grey that is on the Esprit. Looks like a platinum but metalic. very nice.
actually i don't think there is a bad one on the elise. just wish I had enough money to have a different one for each day of the week :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'm guessing the sports package tire widths will be...

195/50-16 Yokohama A048 front and 225/45-17 Yokohama A048 rears. I searched on the 'net and came-up with this website:

Tire sizes for Yokohama A048

The tires are listed as "Medium" or "Medium Hard" for tread compound except for two which are labelled "LTS Till Lotus Elise."

If the picture is representative of the tread, then all I can say is "Wow!" It reminds me of the race tires I had on my old Honda CBR 600 F2 sports bike.

Here's a picture of the Yokohama A048 tire I found on the web:

Picture of the A048

And here's the URL to Yokohama's description of their tire (known as the Yokohama Advan A048):

Yokohama A048 website

I would love to get the LSS but after looking at the tires, I'm thinking that it will be a very purpose-oriented suspension and may take away from my cruising enjoyment of the Elise.

Bob K.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts