The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Does the car still attract attention and elicit interest? Close to that of a brighter color?
2. Do you really have any moments where you say "holy crap, that guy almost ran me over, wish I had a brighter color"?

OK - so maybe they're dumb questions, but I am trying to justify myself here. :D

I was going to get either red or grey, but am seriously considering a black car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow, I seriously thought you were directing your question to black (as in Negro) people. I thought you were going to ask about profiling or something. I'm not a big fan of black cars because it doesn't show off all of the details in the body work, but it does look classier.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I thought the US banned slavery :shrug:

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
two of my favorite things on ET.

poorly worded thread titles

and

threads about color

:clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
The only negative with my starlight black is keeping it clean:rolleyes:

The car still attracts plenty attention but definitely not as much as one in a look at me color, which helps, as I really don't want any more attention than I already get. The fun busters don't seem to take much notice of it, which is nice.
As for others seeing me..... yeah its a small car but a brighter color won't make a difference, plenty of bright ones have been hit (eg sector 111s spider). Idiot drivers are idiot drivers either way no matter what car you drive.

·
Registered
207 Posts
1.) Yes (too much actually). Don't know - I've never been too bright (or had a chance to directly compare to a brighter color).

2.) No. An oblivious driver will hit anything.

I will say that I have never been a fan of black cars and the care required, but I do feel (IMHO) that it is classier than some other colors. But then again, I prefer Aubergine over Krypton. :shrug:

I would still enjoy driving my SB Elise even if it were Krylon primer (your choice of color) and shaped like a shoebox.

·
Registered
388 Posts
1. More than I ever thought.
2. Like this morning? Yes it happens all the time.

I only considered getting black when I was looking for my car. I thought it would attract less attention but I was way, way wrong. Good luck keeping it clean. :D

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Wow, I seriously thought you were directing your question to black (as in Negro) people.
Welcome to 1963. :thwack:

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've owned black cars in the past and don't mind the cleaning maintenance. I think they look great even slightly dirty. ;)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Wow, I seriously thought you were directing your question to black (as in Negro) people.
Man....haven't heard "Negro" in a looong ass time. It was African American before it went to just "Black".

Anyways... concur with the comment "good luck on keeping it clean"

·
Registered
974 Posts
1. Yes and I think so.
2. No.

As mentioned by others, keeping it clean is the only big problem. As long as it isn't REALLY dirty, it still looks fine from afar.

I'm not a big fan of black cars because it doesn't show off all of the details in the body work..
^This is actually one of the reasons why I got black. There are some parts of the Lotus that I don't like that much and black mutes them out. I also feel that black gives the car a different character. Meaner and more aggressive. I also feel that people (non auto enthusiasts, of course) are more likely to think it is an uber-expensive supercar when in black. Less likely to be called "cute". Don't get me wrong, though. I am a fan of bright colors. I was actually looking for Ardent or Chili Red.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
^This is actually one of the reasons why I got black. There are some parts of the Lotus that I don't like that much and black mutes them out. I also feel that black gives the car a different character. Meaner and more aggressive. I also feel that people (non auto enthusiasts, of course) are more likely to think it is an uber-expensive supercar when in black. Less likely to be called "cute". Don't get me wrong, though. I am a fan of bright colors. I was actually looking for Ardent or Chili Red.

So what do you have against white cars? ****ing racists :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Well I didn't say "African American" because not all black people fall into that demographic. And to anyone who thinks I'm a racist, just look at my freakin myspace pic!.. settle down.:shrug:
I never said you were a racist. "Negro" is, and has always been a lame term from a backwards era.

And yes, thanks for educating me that not all black people are African American... as I happen to be black - but not African American.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I can't speak for the Black owners, but I would have to say that as a Jewish owner, that most Jewish owners are most likely circumcised.

Wait, sorry I didn't undrstand your question. But isn't owning a person of any color illegal now.

·
Registered
807 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 91 Posts